Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back light film suggestion for inkjet printing  (Read 1277 times)

hacimd

Back light film suggestion for inkjet printing
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:58:44 pm »

I'm looking for a backlight film suggestion, 42"-44" width, matte surface and frosted for inkjet printing.  I've been using Ink Press Back Light Film 7 Mil but its expensive and has become difficult to find.  Any comparable brands or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

howardm

Re: Back light film suggestion for inkjet printing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:19:22 am »

I tend to go to Lexjet to start the search for stuff like that.  Also Kapco or GMS, maybe atlex.  BL film isn't that hard to find.

http://www.lexjet.com/smartfilterproduct.aspx?producttypeid=10&ff_31=268&ff_3=11&ff_1=2

donbga

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:33 pm »

I'm looking for a backlight film suggestion, 42"-44" width, matte surface and frosted for inkjet printing.  I've been using Ink Press Back Light Film 7 Mil but its expensive and has become difficult to find.  Any comparable brands or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You can look at the rest but here is the best:

http://diamond-jet.com/prohi-glosswhitefilm.aspx

Don Bryant

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:58 pm »

I use Kodak Universal Backlit.

MichaelClementi

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »

What are you looking for in regards to longevity? days/months/years in use?

Randy Carone

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 01:35:59 pm »

donbga, the film you suggest, while a great printing film, is opaque. The OP needs backlit, such as the film used in advertising lightboxes. The film he needs will be lit from behind and has a translucent diffusion layer.
Randy Carone

huguito

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »

How have you guys mounted this film so the back of te print keeps open to a light source?

Randy Carone

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 09:53:39 am »

The print is usually mounted, using double-sided adhesive, to white, translucent plexi to help eliminate 'hot spots'. Clear plexi can result in hot spots depending on the bulbs in the light box. If the film is front printed and visible when the unit is unlit then the print should be either laminated or sandwiched behind a sheet of clear plexi.
Randy Carone

BAB

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 10:11:47 am »

Epson has two great choices 8ml thick is my preference Kodack used to make a 10ml Duratrans that was great. Now with LR printing on epson printer using epson backlite film and let printer manage color the prints are breathtaking.
It is always mounted between an opal plexi and clear, 3M makes a film to stick it to the plexi if you don't want sagging or bubble wrinkles!

Good luck
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up