Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demo day : XD1 - can be used as a mini View camera with the Cambo Actus  (Read 4568 times)

hasselbladfan

Here are my 1/2 h observations :

X1D
What a beauty. It really looks stunning.
It is very light weight. It is about the size / weight of a Leica SL fitted with a R lens.
The 45mm and the 90mmm are very light in view of their MF size.
The pictures with 45mm and the 90mm were top. I was not able to print them, but they looked very sharp.
Contrary to the pictures you see on the web, the metal is not silver but a light greyish anthracite color.
AF is OK, not razor fast as the Leica SL. But doable for a MF.
The EVP is not as good as the Leica SL (we knew this), but is acceptable for a MF secondary / travel camera.
With the smartphone-like back panel, it is really a modern interphase. It is very intuitive.
Direct buttons for changing Iso / WB and AF or Manuel.
Dial for changing A,S, P is well done. Once you made your choice, you push it in (same level as body) and it is out of your way.
The Hasselblad representative confirmed me that they will make a full range of XCD lenses.
It is in my opinion a sure BUY. But it will not replace my H4.

For those who want to use the HTS 1.5, another option is the Cambo Actus. I understand they will make plates for the X1D.

https://www.cambo.com/en/actus-mini/cambo-actus-mini-view-camera/

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:42:04 pm by hasselbladfan »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Demo day : XD1 - what a beauty ! Much improved AF on H6D
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:06 am »

Thanks for the feedback, this is encouraging!

Cheers,
Bernard

Hywel

• http://www.restrainedelegance.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:21:35 pm »

Good to know, thank you!

Must say I'm falling in love with my Hasselblad all over again after an extended period getting to know the A7RII for model photography.

Tthe main thing I note is how fantastic the colour rendition is with Phocus and my H3D31ii compared with the Sony.

Everything is just purer and cleaner - and as a result I seem to spend a lot less time processing each set.

The Sony is great for a lot of things (it is kickass for landscapes, and great for low light with f/1.4 lenses, IBIS and acceptable rendition up to ISO1000+). But I'd really like to have the colour technology of the Hasselblad in a more modern sensor so I could at least shoot ISO400 or 640 with it!

Sounds like an H6D or X1D may be in my future.

Cheers, Hywel

hasselbladfan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:04:29 am »

This sensor with the Phocus platform will give us great pictures for years to come. At an acceptable price (X1D).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:04:50 pm by hasselbladfan »

hasselbladfan

Re: Demo day : XD1 - can be used as a mini View camera withh the Cambo
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 12:37:37 pm »

Updated for the Cambo info.

Joe Towner

Very interesting to hear about the Actus - I wonder how they're going to talk to trigger the lens.
t: @PNWMF

hasselbladfan

Don't ask me the details. Feel free to give a call to Carré Couleur, who gave me the info (carre@carrecouleur.com). He claimed you can also use the old CF lenses on it.

Jacques Langer +33.609914373

Theodoros

Obviously there is no point for Cambo releasing a plate for X1D unless there is a compatible lens interface board and internally wired bellows to accompany it... But if that was true, there are plenty of view cameras that would be compatible (including Cambo's own Ultima and of course all Arca, Sinar P series and more...

I'm sure if Hasselblad will give the lens interface to the view camera makers, it will be for their own benefit... There is no chance for Cambo (or any other maker) releasing a KIT (not a camera plate - that would be useless by itself) for the X1D unless there is a compatible lens interface included... Thus, I would take the O/P claim about the Cambo "announcement" with some salt...

I guess we all just have to wait and see what comes next... I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasselblad would release a "0" shutter at Photokina, or if they additionally corporate with a maker as to release a view camera designed from scratch that would be dedicated to the X1D... They seem to be very good working with other makers (DJI, Fuji, Nittoh, Nikon, Arri etc..) and Mr. Oosting keeps underlining this on all his interviews...

Theodoros

Don't ask me the details. Feel free to give a call to Carré Couleur, who gave me the info (carre@carrecouleur.com). He claimed you can also use the old CF lenses on it.

Jacques Langer +33.609914373

Sure... if there is a lens interface plate, V lenses do work with it as well (through the V to H adapter)... But a camera plate as stand alone, will be completely useless without being accompanied by a dedicated lens board for the job and a bellows wired internally...

vjbelle

Obviously there is no point for Cambo releasing a plate for X1D unless there is a compatible lens interface board and internally wired bellows to accompany it... But if that was true, there are plenty of view cameras that would be compatible (including Cambo's own Ultima and of course all Arca, Sinar P series and more...

I'm sure if Hasselblad will give the lens interface to the view camera makers, it will be for their own benefit... There is no chance for Cambo (or any other maker) releasing a KIT (not a camera plate - that would be useless by itself) for the X1D unless there is a compatible lens interface included... Thus, I would take the O/P claim about the Cambo "announcement" with some salt...

I guess we all just have to wait and see what comes next... I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasselblad would release a "0" shutter at Photokina, or if they additionally corporate with a maker as to release a view camera designed from scratch that would be dedicated to the X1D... They seem to be very good working with other makers (DJI, Fuji, Nittoh, Nikon, Arri etc..) and Mr. Oosting keeps underlining this on all his interviews...

Why would Cambo have to ALSO have a compatible lens interface...... for which lenses?  The camera could be triggered the same way a digital back is triggered - with an outboard cable - pc sync to pc hot shoe adapter (assuming there is firmware that will allow the camera to be triggered this way).  So.... all lenses mounted in copal 0 shutters should be able to be used.  V lenses the same way although I don't see any advantage in using those lenses. 

Victor

Theodoros

Why would Cambo have to ALSO have a compatible lens interface...... for which lenses? 

The H & V lenses and the HTS...

The camera could be triggered the same way a digital back is triggered - with an outboard cable - pc sync to pc hot shoe adapter (assuming there is firmware that will allow the camera to be triggered this way). 

Is there such a firmware? Nobody so far has confirmed this... It seems (more possible) that there isn't... Flash sync of the X1D is via Nikon TTL interface, Nikon's hot shoe can't trigger the camera... I wish there was...

So.... all lenses mounted in copal 0 shutters should be able to be used.  V lenses the same way although I don't see any advantage in using those lenses.

V lenses can surely work (if there is a lens board compatible with the camera's lens interface) via the V to H adapter... But, with the up to now information (which looks the most possible scenario to be true) the camera can't be sychronised via the lens PC output... It would take Hasselblad to release a (same interface) "0" electronic shutter for this to apply...

hasselbladfan

In Lyon, I saw a picture with a V lens mounted on it.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

V lenses don't have an external shutter release and the XD1 has no internal shutter. Also the XD1 has no flash sync outlet, the normal way to sync the lens with a digital back.

So, would be nice if you explained how its works…

It may be possible to use silent shutter, if the Sony sensor in the XD1 has that option.

Best regards
Erik

In Lyon, I saw a picture with a V lens mounted on it.
Erik Kaffehr

Theodoros

V lenses can be mounted (and have their leaf shutter working) on the X1D if one combines the X to adapter and add the H to V adapter in series... All sines up to now show that the X to H adapter is a "dummy" one... Most probably the X shares the same lens interface as the H series and hence the adapter from one series to the other is a mechanical device acting much as an extension ring... (it's not some kind of  information I have or that has been confirmed... it's just a conclusion out of the up to now known information and the fact that both cameras have 9 lens mount CPU contacts... If the X would have a new lens interface, one should expect the CPU contacts number to increase.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:19:24 am by Theodoros »

hasselbladfan

So, would be nice if you explained how its works…

I am just a photographer, not a technician. :)   I rely on Lulu and my dealers to explain me if needed.

I will send a mail to France, let's see what I get.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Thanks!

Erik

I am just a photographer, not a technician. :)   I rely on Lulu and my dealers to explain me if needed.

I will send a mail to France, let's see what I get.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up