Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Questions: Acrylic Mounted Prints

(1/4) > >>

jamgolf:
Hello

I have not ordered an acrylic mounted print before and wanted to get some opinions on this subject.

1. When ordering an acrylic mount do you prefer a super gloss print or a metallic print? Why?
2. Is it worth it to order a 1/4th inch vs. 1/8th thickness acrylic?
3. In addition to West Coast Imaging (and sister company Aspen Creek Photo) are there other vendors that you would recommend?
   I have found Bumblejax but their pricing is similar to WCI - so might as well use WCI.
4. And on a very subjective note, is this a look you like/prefer or was/is this just a fad?
   What other methods of display/presentation would you recommend for large prints (30x40in & larger)?

Thank you very much for your time and input.

Cheers!

BAB:
Go to Peter lik gallery in Vegas before you waste trial and error tactics or seek forum advise and decide for yourself he got it down!

jamgolf:
I've been to one of his galleries once, a few years ago. Even with whatever I remember, it still leaves my questions unanswered - hence the post :)
Thanks for your reply though.

BobShaw:
You just simply have to order them to see what you like. There is little guide to what the customer likes also.
Pick a few representative scenes and order a smallish one from each.
Metallic suits some scenes and some not, so being covered by a piece of acrylic makes little difference.
One feature I found that is important is how they attach the mount. Some can't be hung in galleries because they can't use hooks each side.
I haven't done it myself yet but you can buy the film and do it yourself. Unfortunately the film is expensive.

Slobodan Blagojevic:
I found metals to be lighter and more scratch resistant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version