Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem in printing with Epson P800  (Read 9469 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Problem in printing with Epson P800
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 09:51:22 pm »

I've seen where the herringbone nozzle check was fine but the auto checkerboard nozzle check wasn't.

Are you talking about a SuerColor P800? How does one access "the auto checkerboard nozzle check" in a SureCOlor-P800? Such a thing exists for the R800, but haven't seen it either on my SCP800 or in the manual.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Gennaro_27

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 08:45:36 am »

Well, I want to update about my situation. About 10 days ago I received a couple of local technicians sent by "Epson Italia".
Despite their professionality they didn't ever saw a Epson P800. Ok, I helped to try to figure out what's the problem but nothing.
We printed a couple of pictures and after that they sent also a couple of files (of my images) already prepared for the print in order to see if maybe the problem was my postproduction. Anyway I don't think this is the case.
Then they said that in a week someone (the "technicians") from the head office of Epson Italia will call you. I wrote after waiting a week and they said: "Right now we are working on your case (I suppose they were playing with my images)".

I don't think they can solve the problem in this way, working away of my printer. I'm disappointed about the assistance received. When I communicated via e-mail with the support I explained well the situation and also sent the pictures of the problem. When the first technicians came to my home they again repeated the tests made by myself 2 days before and they were like not prepared to deal with my issue.

I hope that they can solve the problem as soon as possible ...

Gennaro_27

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 06:38:45 am »

After almost one month nothing !
What a disappointment ! 20 days ago they said that the problem was in my files and that they are working to understand why.
Today I called tech support and they said that they are waiting a response from Epson Europa. I guess that if the same would happen in USA at least someone would have had the foresight to inform you on the development of the situation without having to always be the one to call to get a half an answer.
What can I do ?
How long should I wait before submitting an official complaint ?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 08:31:11 am »

I guess that if the same would happen in USA at least someone would have had the foresight to inform you on the development of the situation without having to always be the one to call to get a half an answer.

Not really. Usual tech support practice (in general, not Epson alone) is that they should have given you a case number. The next time you would hear from them is when they have something to tell you. If you need to make inquiries in the interval, for most of tech support I've dealt with the customer typically needs to call back with the case number and ask for an update. I think you should call them back, ask them what they have done to resolve your case, and if you are not satisfied with the answer ask for the escalation route to reach a higher level of support.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 06:52:47 am »

I understand Mark what you are saying but my experience with tech support is awful !
The last e-mails that I sent did not received no answer. Then, every 12 days (more or less) I make a phone call with my case number to ask for an update and the guy at the phone every time tell me the same story: "Sorry, but there is no available the technician responsible for your case. I apologize for that and I call you back on next monday to inform you about the situation". Then when monday arrives no one call me back, therefore I call by myself just to hear from the same guy that the technician is working to solve my issue ! But never told me what is (more or less) the real issue !!
I'm starting to think that if they are waiting all this days (and already almost 2 months) maybe they know nothing about how to solve the problem and, in the meantime, the time is flowing.
I will wait another week. After that I'll ask for the escalation route to reach a higher level of support as Mark suggests. I hope to see a way out.

Cheers

Farmer

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 07:24:31 am »

So this only happens on some papers.

You need to tell us specifically which papers it happens with, how you are loading them, and your printer driver settings.  Then we can probably help you.  That it doesn't happen all the time or on all media tells me it's media, settings, or paper path related.
Phil Brown

Gennaro_27

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:14 am »

I want to give the last update on my issue.
At the end, Epson gave me another printer.
They don't know how to solve the problem and the technicians are still working ! For some combinations of papers and media settings it seems that the problem is still present (specially in the A4 sheets) in my new P800 but not so severe like for the other machine.
Also, during this time of experimentation, I saw the appearance of the "famous" pizza wheel marks on luster and glossy papers where the ink load is heavier and darker. However I noticed the problem only when the sheets are enlighted with a torch and under direct sun light, at a very small angle of incidence.
Epson (in Italy) told me that this problem is "there" (almost impossible to avoid) and only if the marks are visible under normal lighting then the printer is not working properly.

I want to thank all the people here for the help received.

G.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 08:53:42 am »

Also, during this time of experimentation, I saw the appearance of the "famous" pizza wheel marks on luster and glossy papers where the ink load is heavier and darker. However I noticed the problem only when the sheets are enlighted with a torch and under direct sun light, at a very small angle of incidence.
Epson (in Italy) told me that this problem is "there" (almost impossible to avoid) and only if the marks are visible under normal lighting then the printer is not working properly.

G.

I'm glad you put "famous" in "", because there is nothing famous to talk about. In a normally functioning P800 printer there should and there are NOT such pizza wheel marks. I have examined for this condition from my P800 using a powerful light under a strong enough magnifier to see all details at any angle and these marks simply don't exist.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 10:08:11 am »

Mark this is what I see.
I'm not alone (also in this forum) to notice these imperfections, that yes, maybe are difficult to see but there are ! Even Epson tech support told me about the existence of these unfamous marks !
Now, I tried many combinations for the platen gap, paper thickness, paper feed adjustment, drying time and color density but nothing.

If my machine is not  "a normally functioning P800 printer", frankly I don't think that if I call back tech support they want to talk with me about it !

Anyway, I'm printing with my new P800 right now and trying also bigger sheet (until A2) to see what happens. The curios thing is that maybe the issue only arise with the Canson papers (?). Maybe is worthy to try Hanemuhle Baryta and/or Espon Baryta and for sure I will !

"under a strong enough magnifier"
It's enough a strong light to see it !

Best regards
G.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 10:16:54 am »

"Even Epson tech support" doesn't impress me; some know or tell better than others. Nor am I impressed with other reports on the internet, which is often heavily biased toward complaints that are often a small sample of the total number of printers in use. I'm not denying these posters are seeing what they are seeing; but we have no idea how representative that sample of complaints is. There are likely some defective printers out there - it doesn't mean the problem is generic to the model.

All I can report on with any reliability is my own evidence, and I have seen no such pizza wheel marks on any of my P800 prints viewed in any which way, and this from three separate units I've tested at various times since the model first appeared on the market.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 10:23:55 am »

Yes Mark, I fully understand your position. I'm not saying you are blind, just that I'm not so lucky ! And trust me, Epson tech support doesn't impress me either !

Ciao
G.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »

If someone is interested to see these pizza wheel marks:

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 01:21:37 pm »

Yes Mark, I fully understand your position. I'm not saying you are blind, just that I'm not so lucky ! And trust me, Epson tech support doesn't impress me either !

Ciao
G.

For clarity, it isn't that Epson tech support doesn't impress me - on the whole it does. On the whole my experience is that they are very good - at least here in North America. What didn't impress me is the statement you mentioned hearing from that particular individual, because it isn't determinative.   

Gennaro_27

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »

:) Sorry I misunderstood, sometimes happens when english is not your mother tongue.
Anyway Epson support here in Italy (and even in France) is not so brilliant, at least in my own experience.

"What didn't impress me is the statement you mentioned hearing from that particular individual, because it isn't determinative."

I repeat, the technician gave me this answer when I told him about pizza wheel marks. I'm just telling what I experienced and no more than that. I don't have anything against Epson tech support, I'm just angry because my printer, properly setted (I hope), doesn't display the best quality I dreamed.

Bye
G.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:11 pm »

Yes, I understand that, and hope things work out better for you going forward.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up