Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Problem in printing with Epson P800

(1/7) > >>

Gennaro_27:
Hi,

I'm new on the forum and this is my first post ! So forgive me if I tell something wrong and please be patient.

On my new Epson P800 I noticed sometimes, specially when I use Canson papers (on the baryta photographique doesn't happen), that the edge of the print that first comes out from the printer (the left side) is not sharp as it would be (or as it is for the other side). To help you understand you can see the picture attached.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Gennaro

Mark D Segal:
This comparison isn't too helpful because the subject matter isn't the same and neither part of the print looks very sharp as presented here. If you were to do one print upside down relative to the other (rotate the image 180 degrees and print it), then one can compare the same subject matter as it comes out opposite ends of the paper. Also, it would help to chose a really sharp photograph just about from edge to edge for analyzing whether there really is a problem.

What paper were you using which displays this problem? How did you load it in the printer (Front Fine Art Feed, or Sheet Feeder)? What Media Type did you select in the printer driver? These factors at least can affect how the printer handles the paper, which could have an impact on the results. The fact that Canson BP doesn't present this issue indicates it may be more a problem of settings and how you are feeding the printer, rather than the printer itself.

Rado:
Mark I think he means the jagged line where the ink ends at bottom of the posted picture. I haven't seen such effect on my P800 yet. Maybe some clogged nozzles?

Mark D Segal:

--- Quote from: Rado on July 19, 2016, 08:21:42 am ---Mark I think he means the jagged line where the ink ends at bottom of the posted picture. I haven't seen such effect on my P800 yet. Maybe some clogged nozzles?

--- End quote ---

Ah - different story then. But my questions remain in any case. Can't say what may be the cause from the little information provided. I have not had this issue either. Clogged nozzles wouldn't usually present this way, so should be something else.

Gennaro_27:
Thanks for the replies.
And yes Rado, I meant the edge line between the print and the paper. Sorry for the picture but I took it with my phone.

In this case the paper was not Canson but Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Book & Album 220 gsm. I set the Media as "Velvet Fine Art Paper", paper thickness to "4" and platen gap to "Standard". I choose front fine art feed.
I try to upload again the pictures for both sides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version