Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kickstarter Campaign for New Monitor Profiling Device  (Read 1270 times)

BradSmith

Kickstarter Campaign for New Monitor Profiling Device
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:11:04 pm »

A new profiling device designed and manufactured in Germany by a company named Globelcolor.  Initial Kickstarter price of $100. All sold.  Now at $129.    "Retail" to be $250.  It was fully funded in a couple days.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085215499/globellcolor-stay-true-to-your-colors/?utm_source=pmde&utm_medium=linkclick&utm_campaign=globellcolor

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Kickstarter Campaign for New Monitor Profiling Device
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:55:26 pm »

Hard to tell from the short video clip why this is any better than NEC Spectraview other than it seems to be able to profile laptops (though who does critical photo editing on a laptop?).  Since my NEC puck probably has 10 more years of life I don't see a compelling reason to support this.  If I didn't have one it might be an appealing investment.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:11:53 pm »

I would refuse to support this on principle. If they can manage ten dollar shipping within the USA, with the options available today they'd have to stand on their heads and prove to me why they need forty for shipping to Canada. And anything I buy from B&H that costs at least 99 dollars is shipped free.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Doug Gray

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 10:09:24 pm »

I'm more skeptical after perusing their site. Unfortunately. It's lacking in detail as to how it improves the current art. Some of the statements, like placing the sensor on the monitor display by hand while it shows a rapid sequence of colors and is then done, is clearly sub par.

*Most monitors show significant color shifts from any sort of pressure on the screen. Preferred method is vertical hanging with just enough tilt to make the puck flush with the screen.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:12:49 pm by Doug Gray »
Pages: [1]   Go Up