Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: P. Oosting: There's more to come, there will be more surprises at Photokina...  (Read 13215 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

No it's not... The prime aim is FOR ME to be able to use my CF-39MS full functioning (only platform that can do multishot) if I ever decide on a new platform... and (of course) the "open" H1 & H2 user to upgrade his body (only)...

EDIT: What incapable backs can do, is the back's maker concern and is the same on other platforms aimed for incapable backs...

I would estimate that 90% of purchases of h4x and h5x bodies in the US were made by photographers/companies to use with a Phase One back.

Maybe in Greece they are all being purchased for photographers to use with legacy multi shot backs. I don't have any experience with that market.

Theodoros

I would estimate that 90% of purchases of h4x and h5x bodies in the US were made by photographers/companies to use with a Phase One back.

It wouldn't surprise me... given that Hasselblad abandoned the CF backs and have let P1/Leaf to play the "no competition existent winner" (all Hassy's fault) it wouldn't surprise me at all... They should have wondered on why people choose their platform to use but they offer no back to support their own camera... If they do... I'm not very sure that you'll rave too much on the balance...  ;)

Joe Towner

I was sold no platform... I only bought a (another) back that had no alternative out of incapable back makers... 

H6X would offer a better future plan for the pro... I always make my upgrades under a pre-decided plan... don't you?

Actually, i would call a CF & the CF-MS a platform all it's own, unfortunately they haven't touched it since the -39 chip.  I understand your want for it, as it gives ultimate flexibility that has never been matched.  Given the consolidation of camera systems down to Phase and Hasselblad, there isn't as much motivation to do a platform such as the CF, especially how multi-shot is a subset of H system users.

I think I'm reading into your statement as that buying a H6x with the idea of upgrading to a Hasselbad 50c MS or 200c MS back at a later time.  I would actually say someone is better off going for the cheaper H4x/H5x, or saving money for the purchase of the newer back.
t: @PNWMF

Joe Towner

I really don't have a clue and am concerned on the answer... (but nobody cares to answer it). I wish Hasselblad would never make H6D-50 or H5D-100 or anything else... If H-X bodies can be used as back up on H (complete) cameras... Then why don't they make H-X body + 50 or 100 back beats my logic... It surely would cost them nothing on top as to do so...

So, I actually agree, the bodies should be the 'X' variety in most cases, I seem to recall a deal where you could buy a H5D-50c and upgrade the body to the H5x.  But since Hasselblad decided their only back would be the CFV-50c, and everything else would be a 'system', it's kind of how it is.  Yes, we say 'film compatibility' to justify it, but really, Hasselblad would be better off selling new 120 film backs at a discount.  Phase did the same thing with the XD body, where as the P/P+ backs were effectively left behind.  Technology just gets to a point where trade-offs have to happen.
t: @PNWMF

Theodoros

So, I actually agree, the bodies should be the 'X' variety in most cases, I seem to recall a deal where you could buy a H5D-50c and upgrade the body to the H5x.  But since Hasselblad decided their only back would be the CFV-50c, and everything else would be a 'system', it's kind of how it is.  Yes, we say 'film compatibility' to justify it, but really, Hasselblad would be better off selling new 120 film backs at a discount.  Phase did the same thing with the XD body, where as the P/P+ backs were effectively left behind.  Technology just gets to a point where trade-offs have to happen.

H5 & H6 (complete) cameras work just fine with film backs... There is really no reason on why  Hasselblad insists to sell complete cameras instead of selling H-X bodies and 50 or 100 backs in the first place... Other than that, CFV isn't the only back they make... they do sell 50MS and 200MS as stand alone backs (H fit) without a camera for one to use on view/tech cameras (or with an H-X body)...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up