Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: P. Oosting: There's more to come, there will be more surprises at Photokina...  (Read 13216 times)

jduncan

Hasselblad really needs to get busy making the gear they've announced, as the backlog/wait for the the new shutter HC/HCD glass isn't helping.

I don't understand what 6 would get you (H5x + 1/2000th = H6x right?) - for the faster shutter speeds, you need the whole lens/body/back link to exist, and I am certain Hasselblad doesn't see an advantage in working with PhaseOne to do this.

-Joe

This quote sound likes something a Phase one Dealer will tell someone. If you are not Trolling, I suggest that you search the information by yourself.  If you do not, you maybe  end up paying a fortune for a  44x33 medium format back, just to learn later that a  44x33 is not truly a MF sensor.

Here are the main differences between the H5 and the H6 as far as we know:
1. What you say about the sync speed.
2. New electronics, with faster professors etc.
3. Faster autofocus.
4. New digital interface.
5. Access to CFAST2 that is like basic for a 100+mp backs (XQD will be and option)
6. USB-C important for speed and for future proofing.

They are other minor stuff.  Hope this helps.  I don't understand why you believe that Hasselblad needs PhaseOne to create a new MF back. Did I miss read you ?

Best regards,
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:13:17 am by jduncan »
english is not my first language, an I k

synn

• My fine art portfolio

I fail  to see how this commentary can be constructive. This comment is either misogynist, misandrist or both.
I believe this kind of comment detracts from the forum.
People should be aware of social issues. In particular, artists are expected, in the modern times, to be aware of the social environment.

I know it was not done with ill intentions, but I believe we should keep the forum open /welcoming  to photographers of any gender.

Best regards,

Maybe something was lost in translation, that was a joke that Theo has too much testosterone in his system.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Theodoros

This quote sound likes something a Phase one Dealer will tell someone. If you are not Trolling, I suggest that you search the information by yourself.  If you do not, you maybe  end up paying a fortune for a  44x33 medium format back, just to learn later that a  44x33 is not truly a MF sensor.

3. Faster autofocus.
5. Access to CFAST2 that is like basic for a 100+mp backs (XQD will be and option)

They are other minor stuff.  Hope this helps.  I don't understand why you believe that Hasselblad needs PhaseOne to create a new MF back. Did I miss read you ?

Best regards,

Hi, would you happen to know if the XD1 to H lenses adapter is a "passive" one, or if it is an "active" one?   

Theodoros

I don't understand why you believe that Hasselblad needs PhaseOne to create a new MF back. Did I miss read you ?

Best regards,

Joe (who made the statement) doesn't (understand the reason) either....  ;) He probably was trying to propagate his idea that Hx-X cameras are intended for people to use P1 backs on them... It seems that P1 Propaganda in forums used to work on the US market and there are some funboys (always the same) that dominate forums being in a mission as to only praise P1... I only wish Hasselblad will re-release the CF series of backs instead of letting P1/Leaf playing the "no competition market winner" as they let them do when they stopped making them...
If one judges on the market appreciation that the CFV had (and a possible CFV-100 is also expected to have) as to be used on V-bodies, there is no reason why (the now left orphans) Mamiya m645 or Contax 645 users wouldn't consider a respective version for their cameras... If additionally a reasonably priced multishot version of the CFV/CF was to be released that would offer decent LV ability, I can see it dominating the professional market on third party platforms and view/tech cameras.

siddhaarta

The Contax 645 System is still selling very, very well as second hand.

Question is, how much effort is it to make a 645 Mamiya/Contax/Bronica version of the CFV, especially regarding electronics (no cables please).

I would considering buying a CFV-50c for my Contax 645, although it is a risky investment considering the service situations of these systems …

Nevertheless, I don't think it will happen, as Hasselblad apparently believes in closed systems. If I remember right, at the time, the introduction of the HX bodies was not that voluntary either, was it?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:56:14 pm by siddhaarta »

Theodoros

Maybe something was lost in translation, that was a joke that Theo has too much testosterone in his system.

I guess that since with my Contax/CF-39MS combination one has interchangeable finders, can use film, has multishot, faster lenses and larger sensor, it is a much more wanted and able system than your DF and Credo 40. If one adds to that my view camera and lenses, then he can ...like my system's testosterone (as long as he asked for it)  ;)  Only thing he then has to do, is to admire on other people's system testosterone too and he'll end up having liked all of it...  :o  Just a joke for your likes on system's testosterone so that nothing is lost in translation...  :-X

siddhaarta

I guess that since with my Contax/CF-39MS combination one has interchangeable finders, can use film, has multishot, faster lenses and larger sensor, it is a much more wanted and able system

Indeed would like to have one for my Contax, but still did not find any for a reasonable price …just had a look, in 2006 the US price was 38.000 USD for this back !!

Theodoros

The Contax 645 System is still selling very, very well as second hand.

Question is, how much effort is it to make a 645 Mamiya/Contax/Bronica version of the CFV, especially regarding electronics (no cables please).

I would considering buying a CFV-50c for my Contax 645, although it is a risky investment considering the service situations of these systems …

Nevertheless, I don't think it will happen, as Hasselblad apparently believes in closed systems. If I remember right, at the time, the introduction of the HX bodies was not that voluntary either, was it?

A maker doesn't have to make backs for every maker that has ever existed... Only where it counts (and will be profitable to do so) will do.. Leaf/P1 do backs for C645 because it is profitable to them to do so. If Hasselblad would as well, I guess they would dominate the market among C645 users given the much better pricing policy... Contax 645 is very popular (the most popular camera out of all) among the best of wedding photographers world wide who use it with film, if they could have a back that would allow them to use the camera in LL conditions, they would abandon the use of DSLRs for the purpose altogether... Other than that, Contax 645 is very popular among non professionals too, but there are still pros that rely on it on other aspects of photography too... I guess the price of the system in the S/H market is quite a proof of the demand behind it.  Servicing a Hasselblad MFDB (or worry for issues) is as rare as NASA missions to the moon... My Ex-528c was never serviced and still functions as day one in the hands of another forum member, so does my CF-39MS that replaced it... and I do use them hard.

Theodoros

Indeed would like to have one for my Contax, but still did not find any for a reasonable price …just had a look, in 2006 the US price was 38.000 USD for this back !!

Well... I guess if Hasselblad decides to release a multishot version (of their modern Cmos backs for Contax 645, you can have mine at a much better price... It will still be a bit more expensive than a P-45+ (same sensor) though, as it can do multishot and has much more neutral color than it...  My guess is that the fact that C645 backs have higher price in the S/H market than the respective ones for other platforms and are sold on the spot, is a proof that Hasselblad should consider making backs for Contax, extra sales never harmed a maker... ;)

siddhaarta

Servicing a Hasselblad MFDB (or worry for issues) is as rare as NASA missions to the moon... My Ex-528c was never serviced and still functions as day one in the hands of another forum member, so does my CF-39MS that replaced it... and I do use them hard.

My comment on service situation was more related to Contax where it gets more difficult to get spare parts and repair services … shutters, for instance have no endless life. I recently bought a second body with high serial number, only as spare (peace of mind) …. because I plan to use this for some time to come.

Theodoros

My comment on service situation was more related to Contax where it gets more difficult to get spare parts and repair services … shutters, for instance have no endless life. I recently bought a second body with high serial number, only as spare (peace of mind) …. because I plan to use this for some time to come.

No problem with service of Contax either... PM me if you ever have any trouble with it, there are official services both in Europe and US and all spare parts one will ever need... They have no objection as to sell spare parts at third party services either... I did buy a couple of new genuine shutters for Contax some 7 years ago having the same worries as you now have, but I ended up using one of them on a camera that had a thumb accident which I bought after and still have the second shutter... The camera that had the shutter replaced is now also with a (well known and respected) forum member who bought it to his knowledge that shutter was replaced and works like new for professional use..  But its better if this parenthesis for the Contax should end and just return to the subject... (although Hasselblad releasing back the CF series of backs for some cameras is in line with the subject). Contax matters can always be discussed on a Contax subject where more C645 can participate... (don't be surprised though if the -now known- same forum trolls jump into that too...)

Theodoros

Anyway... one should expect more participation/suggestions as to what the "next surprises" that Mr Ooosting promised will be at Photokina... 

Joe Towner

3. Faster autofocus.

Best regards,

Hey jduncan,

I'm actually not trolling, nor would anyone here consider me a troll.  The comment made may not translate well, but Hasselblad has done an amazing job announcing the H6D platform, with a complete lens lineup refresh, plus a whole new platform in the X1D.  Given how slow & methodical medium format companies work, that is multiple years of work and the culmination of a huge amount of research & development plus cash.  There is a lot to do in order to manufacturer that much gear, and given the demand and back orders, we don't need more announcements - we're waiting for products in the stores.  The Sony sensor supply situation is not helping, but it isn't under Hasselblad control.

I love 6x8 and want a 6x12 camera, so this whole 'truly a MF sensor' statement is childish - it's larger than 24x36, so it is 'MF'.  The 44x33 backs currently in use are amazing, and produce great works now.

Your list is about the H5D and H6D differences, yet those that camera was not part of these discussions.  Theo referenced a 'H6x' as item 6 of his wish list in the original post.  My reply to that was there is no difference between a H5x and what would be a H6x other than maybe a bit faster auto-focus.  All the other differences are in the back, not the body, with exception the shutter speed.  Hasselblad would need PhaseOne to cooperate with regard to doing a H6x that would allow for an IQ back to work with the 1/2000th shutter speed.  Hasselblad wouldn't do it on it's own, it wouldn't make business sense.

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

Joe Towner

He probably was trying to propagate his idea that Hx-X cameras are intended for people to use P1 backs on them...

Isn't that the whole thing about the H4x/H5x?  Support for film backs and the ability to use any of the standardized H mount backs (Sinar/Leaf/Phase) giving folks an upgrade path from the H1 & H2?  Toss in the ability for a H5x to be a backup body for a H5D back.

-Joe

Theodoros

Isn't that the whole thing about the H4x/H5x?  Support for film backs and the ability to use any of the standardized H mount backs (Sinar/Leaf/Phase) giving folks an upgrade path from the H1 & H2?  Toss in the ability for a H5x to be a backup body for a H5D back.

-Joe

No it's not... The prime aim is FOR ME to be able to use my CF-39MS full functioning (only platform that can do multishot) if I ever decide on a new platform... and (of course) the "open" H1 & H2 user to upgrade his body (only)...

EDIT: What incapable backs can do, is the back's maker concern and is the same on other platforms aimed for incapable backs...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:24:27 pm by Theodoros »

synn

• My fine art portfolio

Extrapolating the needs of one to the needs of many is truly an incomparable skill.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Joe Towner

No it's not... The prime aim is FOR ME to be able to use my CF-39MS full functioning (only platform that can do multishot) if I ever decide on a new platform... and (of course) the "open" H1 & H2 user to upgrade his body (only)...

EDIT: What incapable backs can do, is the back's maker concern and is the same on other platforms aimed for incapable backs...

Fair enough, you were sold a Hasselblad platform that uses adapter plates to support a crazy amount of cameras.  My question is what would a H6x give you that a H5x doesn't?  Given that the MS cameras are all H5D- based at this time, I would anticipate the H5x body being continued, if not being used in place of the H5D body.

-Joe

Theodoros

Fair enough, you were sold a Hasselblad platform that uses adapter plates to support a crazy amount of cameras. 

I was sold no platform... I only bought a (another) back that had no alternative out of incapable back makers... 

My question is what would a H6x give you that a H5x doesn't?  Given that the MS cameras are all H5D- based at this time, I would anticipate the H5x body being continued, if not being used in place of the H5D body.

-Joe

H6X would offer a better future plan for the pro... I always make my upgrades under a pre-decided plan... don't you?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:54:52 pm by Theodoros »

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram

Is there an actual, physical difference that warrants making a completely separate body to support third party backs, or is this just a software limitation that can potentially be overcome in the H6D with a firmware update?
Instagram (updated often)

Theodoros

Is there an actual, physical difference that warrants making a completely separate body to support third party backs, or is this just a software limitation that can potentially be overcome in the H6D with a firmware update?

I really don't have a clue and am concerned on the answer... (but nobody cares to answer it). I wish Hasselblad would never make H6D-50 or H5D-100 or anything else... If H-X bodies can be used as back up on H (complete) cameras... Then why don't they make H-X body + 50 or 100 back beats my logic... It surely would cost them nothing on top as to do so...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up