Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Depth of (a) Field - (Brenizer Method)  (Read 5465 times)

biker

• powered by a pair of quadriceps
Depth of (a) Field - (Brenizer Method)
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:48:05 pm »

Just for an idea - the straw bale is about 2m / 6.5ft high.

Trying Brenizer Method for the first time. Shots have light issues, please ignore them. (The clouds were moving and light changing.)
You can't do much with a 200mm, f/5.6 lens on an APS-C 1.5x sensor.
But still - it looks different.

The first image has been stitched from 29 portrait (2:3) shots in two rows. The (original) target image resolution is 23,562 x 5,646, that's 133 Mpx.
The second image is 41 portrait shots in four rows. The (original) target image resolution is 11,612 x 7,768, that's 90.2 Mpx.
Panoramas have been shot handheld - Hugin knows its job.

Tried also a panorama with about first image field of view and second image depth of field but this stitching failed and the panorama was malformed.
Don't wait until the flock moves.
Be first to comment. (Unless you haven't got anything to say.)

dwswager

Re: Depth of (a) Field - (Brenizer Method)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:45:43 am »

As I understand it, this technique is designed to simulate the large format "sensor" size allowing shallow DoF while giving a much wider angle of view than a typical DSLR.  I also understand that do to optics, it takes a significant larger number of shots than a typical panorama with parallax and perspective warping.

And you are correct, this would be much easier on a FF than APS-C.  Some afternoon, I will have to play with this. 

Thanks.

biker