Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 9.2 not generating previews for tif files  (Read 1233 times)

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
C1 9.2 not generating previews for tif files
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:30:23 pm »

Hello,

I have been trying to import tif files to C1 9.2 PRO and it will not generate previews. One tif file which I had imported previously had its color changed to magenta. Further, C1 ceased to recognize some files which had been previously imported and I get the big question mark sign -?-

I tried to open an earlier back-up of C1 cocatalog in 9.1 and I got the question marks for ALL my files.

Advice is welcome!

Neil

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 9.2 not generating previews for tif files
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »

Hello,

I have been trying to import tif files to C1 9.2 PRO and it will not generate previews. One tif file which I had imported previously had its color changed to magenta. Further, C1 ceased to recognize some files which had been previously imported and I get the big question mark sign -?-

I tried to open an earlier back-up of C1 cocatalog in 9.1 and I got the question marks for ALL my files.

Advice is welcome!

Hi Neil,

Do specify the origin of the TIFFs, they can have very/confusingly different content. Support is gettingbetter, but not all flavors/types require the same level of support (some even deserve none, because they are not really images, let alone Camera Raws).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Re: C1 9.2 not generating previews for tif files
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 12:58:15 am »

Hello Bart,

The tif files were generated by C1 and some were modified in Photoshop. All fail to display, but earlier tifs generated in the same way that already had previews still display.

How do you get C1 to recognize again entire file folders that it has forgotten? They haven't been moved. If I use the Locate function it only works for one file at a time - how is this done for a folder?

thanks, Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up