Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finland in June  (Read 3246 times)

prion

Finland in June
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:31:12 am »

Hi All,

Business trip to Helsinki with some leisure time to photograph around.  I will bring my Nikon D70s with 17-55mm f2.8.  Any tips on photogenic places in or close to Helsinki are appreciated, as well as best time of day.  I am also planning a trip to historic Porvoo.  Are the red wooden houses best photographed in the morning or evening?

Thanks!

Sami Kulju

• http://
Finland in June
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:28:40 am »

Hi All,

Business trip to Helsinki with some leisure time to photograph around.  I will bring my Nikon D70s with 17-55mm f2.8.  Any tips on photogenic places in or close to Helsinki are appreciated, as well as best time of day.  I am also planning a trip to historic Porvoo.  Are the red wooden houses best photographed in the morning or evening?

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!

Wellcome to Helsinki!

Nice locations to visit in town:

-Suomenlinna ( old fortress, takes 10 mins with ferry, ferry leaves from Kauppatori every 30 mins)
-Käpylä and Kumpula ( old part with wooden houses are nice this time of year)
-Seurasaari ( nice old houses etc.)

And You were already correct in Your original question; best times to photograph are early morning and late afternoon/evening. But so it is almost everywhere in the world...

Just remember that this time of Year the sun barely never gets totally down here. In the end of month is a short period when it stays in sky all day long...

Enjoy Your visit!

regards, Sami
Sami Kulju / Helsinki - Finland
www.stud

Fred Ragland

• http://
Finland in June
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:54:52 pm »

In 1808 a tragic fire burned across Helsinki.  They used this as an opportunity to modernize.  Its called the white city of the north because of the many gleaming pastel buildings made from pale granite.  

Some of the postcard shots are the Cathedral's green domes, the square, and the monuments which we've seen in Reds, Gorky Park and White Knights.  The imperial city center's railway station, bus station and Finnish National Theatre are architectural gems.  Senate Square is surrounded by many of the city's finest neo-classical buildings.

You'll be challenged to isolate something which is personal and unique when such beauty abounds.

prion

Finland in June
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 02:37:51 am »

Hi All,

Back from Helsinki with great memories and pics.

Thank you for the advice!

http://www.reneeandjulio.com/gallery/Helsinki-2006

Concorde-SST

Finland in June
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 02:45:18 pm »

Hi Prion,

great pictures - but I´d recommend to do less sharpening,
on my screen the pictures look somewhat oversharpened.

best regards,

Andreas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up