Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Textured Paper Suggestions  (Read 715 times)

KevinVitali

Textured Paper Suggestions
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:53:31 am »

One of my favorite go to papers for me has been Epson Cold Press Natural.  It works great for about 60-70 percent of my photographs.  I particularly love the texture of the paper.  Unfortunately when I have a print the black density is important this is not a great paper, but I love the texture of the paper still!

Any suggestions of a textured paper with much improved black densities?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Textured Paper Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:18:52 am »

One of my favorite go to papers for me has been Epson Cold Press Natural.  It works great for about 60-70 percent of my photographs.  I particularly love the texture of the paper.  Unfortunately when I have a print the black density is important this is not a great paper, but I love the texture of the paper still!

Any suggestions of a textured paper with much improved black densities?

If you mean matte, the range of improvement will not be huge. You can try Epson Legacy Fibre or Legacy Etching - in a P800 or a Canon Pro-1000, and using the B&W printing modes, you'll get about the deepest blacks feasible nowadays; but it will still be in the range of L*14~15, versus a range of L*1~4 for the better Luster/Gloss papers. You can look up the data in my various recent articles on the new printers and papers.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

howardm

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:46:34 am »

You're kind of looking for a unicorn here.  Highly textured matte  w/ very deep Dmax.  Not really gonna happen.

You *may* want to consider something like Premiershield spray, that can often give the appearace of deeper black.

unesco

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »

Epson Hot/Cold Press papers have one the deepest blacks among cotton matt papers. I do not know what kind of printer/ink you use, but e.g. for 3880 ink they give the deepest blacks possible on this kind of paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up