Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What would it take for Trump to win?  (Read 37461 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: What would it take for Trump to win?
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

...his blanrant racist...

Example, proof?

...his econonic views are childish...

You are qualified to assert that?

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 04:23:49 pm »

when you can hear his entire speech and listen to the interviews he gives, its not sound bites. this apologetics that people use for his blanrant racist and personal attacks is amazing. The man is just short of being a sociopath but does qualify as a malignant narcissist. his econonic views are childish, the way he can control other countries speak of strong man tactics. If antone has just the smalist of critism about him he rants.

No disrespect...But may we assume that English is not your first language.

Peter

shotupdave

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »

examples, his opening speech, his calling people names like pocahontas.

my qualifications on his economic viewpoint. would a doctorate in social econmics qualify, would the tech industry coming out against his viewpoints as completely vapid. Would a right wing billionaire named koch, that said his policies were dangerous qualify

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-technology-leaders-donald-trumps-candidacy_us_5787996ae4b03fc3ee4f6be2

"Perhaps the biggest surprise, though, might be the Kochs. Last month, Charles Koch told ABC News that it’s “possible” Clinton would make a better president than Trump. On Wednesday, a spokesman for the brothers declined to rule out the possibility of backing the former secretary of state, though he implicitly criticized both her campaign and Trump’s.
Mark Holden, the general counsel and senior vice president at Koch Industries, said Koch-funded political groups would consider supporting a general election candidate who is “able to garner support from the public with a positive message in support of the issues we care about, and did not engage in personal attacks and mudslinging.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-megadonors-koch-222825#ixzz4EPvlFPp7
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

You seem to think his economic poicies are correct, what are your qualification to determine they are correct.

He is still trying to puch the failed idea of supply side economics. it is a completle failure. it has decimated the middle class of this country and other countries. Want to see this policy taken to the extreme, look at the state on Kansas.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:33:16 pm by shotupdave »

shotupdave

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »

No disrespect...But may we assume that English is not your first language.

Peter

how about addressing the issues.

shotupdave

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2016, 04:35:50 pm »

how about addressing the issues.

but after i read your opeing comment, i did not realize you were not in the reality, a 9/11 truther. really? 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »

... what are your qualification to determine they are correct..

A Bachelor's degree in Economics and an MBA from #1 business school in the world, 30+ years of working for American government and businesses, 10 of which as a senior manager in several Fortune 200 companies world-wide. Theory and practice.

Colorado David

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2016, 05:14:22 pm »

Charles Koch told ABC News that it’s “possible” Clinton would make a better president than Trump.

Koch has since clarified that his statement was taken well out of context and he believes no such thing.  He has also compared the candidates as a choice between cancer or a heart attack.

shotupdave

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2016, 05:20:36 pm »

so you really think protectionism that trump is try to introduce is a valid economic policy? Do you think trying to leave treaties entered into will work? Has any tax cut actually help the economy. How will trump on any of his policies bring back manufacturing to this country.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2016, 05:22:07 pm »

The "logic" is shaped by one's experiences available to them, i.e., the availability bias. One needs to be in America longer than a tourist or business visit to understand it, in order not to base one's opinions on sound bites from the media.

I'm saddened by the denial of (admittedly embarrassing) facts, and the lack of willingness to adjust behavior in accordance with objective knowledge about those facts. It's a bit like smoking, we know it's bad for one's health, yet still a lot (although decreasing numbers) of people do it (AKA Cognitive Dissonance).

One does not have to smoke oneself to know it's generally unhealthy, and a general surgeon doesn't need to have had his/her appendix removed before being able to diagnose Appendicitis in a patient (it does help to have training experience in actually removing the inflammation).

But then we're not running for president either, Trump is.
The question is not even whether he is qualified, but what does it take to win.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

shotupdave

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2016, 05:22:59 pm »

Koch has since clarified that his statement was taken well out of context and he believes no such thing.  He has also compared the candidates as a choice between cancer or a heart attack.

nice try

same article, when you mine quote you lose all credibilty

Koch took some digs at Trump, saying “I’m sure he’s a fine fellow underneath,” but that Trump’s “guiding principles are antithetical” to those Koch advocates for–especially on free trade. The presumptive Republican nominee and billionaire in his own right has harshly criticized free trade policies that he says have caused American jobs to go overseas. Koch called Trump’s plans for increased tariffs “a monstrosity.”

And you can't take words on a video out of context, when you actually listen to the interview. This out of context crap is always used to try to cover up what was actually said.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:29:20 pm by shotupdave »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 05:26:49 pm »

...what does it take to win.

Only that the silent majority shows up on Nov 8.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 05:28:21 pm »

Wow! So Bart's TedTalk video was educational after all.

A country of 311 million people and this is the best we get for presidential candidates?

The answer as to why that is is pointed out VERY clearly for both conservatives and liberals in that video.

How to solve it would seem to require nothing short of a revolution, but we're so divided that's never going to happen.

James Clark

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 05:34:32 pm »

Only that the silent majority shows up on Nov 8.

It speaks poorly of the country if the majority do indeed embrace Trump's views.  His xenophobic disregard for the very foundations of the enlightenment ideals that have made this country great are, by themselves, literal disqualifications for holding the position.  His core platform is contrary to the Constitution, for God's sake.  But to answer the question, all it will take is for good people to stand by and do nothing while angry populism votes its heart while disregarding its head. (I'm a likely Gary Johnson voter BTW, not an HRC voter, though if Texas is close she'll get my vote just to thwart Trump)

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »

Google turns up all sorts of eyewitnesses to all sorts of things, doesn't mean to say any of them are true though. The trick with the Pentagon is to find a pilot or aeronautical engineer who will stake their reputation on insisting planes can fly at zero altitude at 500mph, especially when piloted by an amateur. Google will also turn up various explanations of the 'ground effect'.
Yes, Google does turn up eyewitnesses to all sorts of things. In the case of the plane hitting the Pentagon however, apart from tons of plane wreckage, we have hundreds of real people with real jobs who you can find and contact.
The statement about flying at 500mph at zero altitude is the the usual thing conspiracy theorists put up, and has no connection with real events.
It's like their claim that the Twin Towers went into free fall and therefore must have had a demolition charge. The towers didn't free fall. Nowhere near it. I know how to use a stopwatch and by looking up the height of the buildings it's simple maths to disprove that one.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 05:39:34 pm »

... His xenophobic disregard..

Again, proof?

A guy who married two (or is it three?) foreign-born wives is xenophobic?

James Clark

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 05:46:57 pm »

Again, proof?

A guy who married two (or is it three?) foreign-born wives is xenophobic?

Well, look... Lots of racists have "black friends," and I'm not sure that marrying a series of foreign models absolves one of being xenophobic anyway, when statements about religious tests for freedom of movement and the generalities about Mexicans being rapists, murderers etc. are commonplace.  The fact is, that when you look at Trump's supporters, they're not the best of us, like you and I are.  They're honestly people with a lot of problems, and they've directed those problems toward blaming the "other." They're white supremacists, they're isolationists, they're populists, and some, I assume, are good people....

shotupdave

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2016, 06:00:46 pm »

yes you can still be xenophobic with 100 wives born in other countries. You can be racist against jews with a son in law that's jewish. You can be absolutely vapid in international economics even if you own hotels.

Do you actually believe these childish excuses are vaild?

And there is some great irony here, many trump supporters do not look at you as an american who belongs here

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 06:18:25 pm »

Yes, Google does turn up eyewitnesses to all sorts of things. In the case of the plane hitting the Pentagon however, apart from tons of plane wreckage, we have hundreds of real people with real jobs who you can find and contact.
The statement about flying at 500mph at zero altitude is the the usual thing conspiracy theorists put up, and has no connection with real events.
It's like their claim that the Twin Towers went into free fall and therefore must have had a demolition charge. The towers didn't free fall. Nowhere near it. I know how to use a stopwatch and by looking up the height of the buildings it's simple maths to disprove that one.

Did you look up 'ground effect'?

BradSmith

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 06:24:43 pm »

Bernard,
I hugely respect your photographic skills and knowledge and ability to communicate your thoughts very clearly.  I look forward to reading your posts when I see them and they, in fact, are about photography.  Your one sentence long question ("What would it take for Trump to win?") that started this thread in the Coffee Corner would have led to "interesting" Coffee Corner bantering. 

But my heart sank when you espoused the 9/11 conspiracy insanity.  On one hand, your photographic skill is spectacular and photographic knowledge seems to demonstrate real intelligence and sound judgement.  Yet on the other hand, as you've demonstrated here in this case and in some past non photographic threads, your opinion on world events demonstrates just the opposite. 

Also, I must admit that I'm really disappointed in the LR audience because with 56 replies at this point, only Alan Weiss and Dave Sutton have challenged you on your 9/11 nonsense. 
Brad Smith       

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 06:28:00 pm »

Also, I must admit that I'm really disappointed in the LR audience because with 56 replies at this point, only Alan Weiss and Dave Sutton have challenged you on your 9/11 nonsense. 
Brad Smith     

Well I think it's BS but I've learned that calling people out on this particular brand is an exercise in futility.
In fact this whole discussion probably is unless anyone involved has changed their mind about any of this.
-MattB
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up