Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would it take for Trump to win?  (Read 37492 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: What would it take for Trump to win?
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »

I am torn on this one. On the one hand, the value of free speech is that we know where people stand. She had, and will continue to have, a negative opinion of Trump, whether that was public or not. I guess, in this case, I would rather know. On the other hand, it is pretty much the same as a waiter spitting in your soup in the kitchen or in front of you. I which case, I would rather not know  ;)

Except, in this case Slobodan we've always known where the lady stands. She just hasn't come out in full ugly mode until now. Looks to me as if she's going to have to recuse herself from some of the things bound to come up after this election.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2016, 01:03:42 pm »

For Obama, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc&feature=youtu.be

Yes, quite similar, but not a verbatim copy.

Maybe they had the same speechwriter who was hired by the Democratic party. At least they didn't use the speech from the opposing party ..., nor did he claim to have written most of himself.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »

...At least they didn't use the speech from the opposing party ...

Which only goes in Trump's favor, proving that he can unite the country, provide for bi-partisan support, work with the other side and "cross the aisle"  ;) ;D

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:53 pm »

Which only goes in Trump's favor, proving that he can unite the country, provide for bi-partisan support, work with the other side and "cross the aisle"  ;) ;D

;)

Who knows what will happen (maybe he'll borrow some more Democratic principles), although I do not believe in miracles when it comes to politics.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

Then again, it serves as a basis for some good jokes:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:21:04 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Rand47

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2016, 03:29:07 pm »

Rand,

That's a difficult question to answer in the time available today.

In short, it seems pretty certain that if a plane indeed crashed on the Pentagon that day, it couldn't have been flown at the reported speed/course by a beginner since many expert pilots who dared to speak claim that even them couldn't have done it. So this tells us that the official story is not very credible. Btw, in case you haven't bothered to check, as far as I could find out, there is no other known report of a 757 flying at that speed so close to the ground. It is far outside its flying envelope.

I guess that you are a believer in the official conspiracy theory? Out of curiosity, how do you explain these elements?
- Do you think they are inexact?
- Do you think that they are exact but irrelevant since we know what happened?

Anyway, back to your original question, even if we consider reasonnable that the proposed perpetrators weren't in command of this 757 this leaves many possible options, some of them with the reported victims on board that plane, some with them somewhere else.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,

Thanks for the reply.  Have you considered the amount of explosives that would have to have been secretly "installed" in the Pentagon to create that much damage?  And then to make a 757 disappear, passengers and all in the right time frame to create the inference.  Nobody in government is that smart, trust me on this, I worked in government.  As to the pilots, air speed, etc., I think the example of the two planes that hit those two really skinny (relatively speaking, given the speed of the planes) Trade Towers is all the example you need re the ability of amateurs with a decent gps and coordinates to pull it off.  And what was the point of the plane that went down w/o hitting anything?  What was the target and why didn't it just blow up w/o a plane involved?  Do you think the coordination was so good that they called off the last explosion of whatever the target was and removed all the explosives before anyone noticed?  I seriously doubt it.

I don't know if your doubts extend to the Trade Towers themselves, but I can tell you this...  I spent 30 years in the fire service in the greater Los Angeles area (think high rise buildings) and as I watched events unfold the morning of 9/11 I told my brother that the tops of both buildings were going to collapse AND that the one that was hit second in chronological order would go first.  Why?   Because the plane hit lower and the amount of building mass above the plane's destruction of the load bearing building elements was MUCH larger than the first building hit and would fail first.

I have a relative (who will remain unnamed) who was at the time highly placed in the anti-terrorism world in NYC (he was interviewed on CNN on 9/11).  He had been predicting the use of commercial aircraft for quite a while before 9/11.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »

Back to Melania... the most important thing of that evening is that she wore a dress designed by a Serbian designer (Roksanda) ;)

Rob C

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2016, 04:10:26 pm »

Back to Melania... the most important thing of that evening is that she wore a dress designed by a Serbian designer (Roksanda) ;)

And she's not skinny; she filled it beautifully!

If she gets the dump from Trump, she can always model 'larger'. She'd better not write an autobiography - might turn out to be Cleopatra's.

Rob

Boathouse_Rat

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2016, 08:13:05 pm »

Assuming you are not joking, I am really sorry for your loss. I'd expect you more than anybody else to want to understand what happened that day.

But I fail to see how the tragic disappearance of the people who were on the plane supposed to have crashed on the Pengaton tell us that the plane actually crashed there.

Cheers,
Bernard

I watched the plane that hit the Pentagon flying at top speed just a few hundred feet above my head and heard the explosion when it hit a few seconds after it dissapeared  over the hill by the Navy Annex. In keeping with the request to be civil on this forum I will leave it at that. To the gentleman who lost his niece my condolences and admiration for your restraint.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »

Where did you read about a "flying envelope?" Sounds like Amazon delivering mail. Every airplane performs differently from every other airplane. What's that got to do with anything?

Except for the condescending tone, we agree. Every plane flies differently and the limits of what is supported by the manufacturer in terms of low/high speed at every altitude (as well as turn rates, G forces,...) is defined as flight envelope. This is a well known concept and I am surprised you don't seem familiar with it. Wikipedia seems to know about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_envelope

It appears that the 757 supposed to have hit the Pentagon was around 15% above its supported top speed at ground level (470 knot vs 400), although Boeing apparently never gave a clear answer to these enquiries.

I am not saying that it is impossible to fly a plane outside its flight envelope (in this case at higher speed), but controlling the plane in those conditions appears to be more challenging. Flying low at high speed (where the air is up to 3 times denser than at the typical 30,000+ feet where airliners normally evolve at high speed) introduces complex air flow patterns around subsonic airliner wings that render accurate manoeuvring more challenging (at least in theory because I have never found evidence of someone flying a 757 at this speed so close to the ground). This would be the case for all pilots, but experienced ones would probably be able to deal with this. The odds that a beginner manages to cope with that on top of a very challenging flight path are incredibly low.

To give you and others a concrete idea, at that speed you cover about 230 yards in one second. The slightest over/under pressure on the controls will make you overshoot or hit the ground (probably overshoot being more likely than hit the ground due to ground effect). By the way, if you bothered to read the information referred to after the link provided, you'd see that the data captured in the blackbox that was analysed reveals that the plane whose data was made available was indeed flying higher than the roof of the Pentagon at the moment of impact. ;) Not only is the hit unlikely based on common sense, but the official data seems to confirm that there was not hit due to an altitude mismatch... Or, if we assume that there is enough evidence that a plane hit the Pentagon (which I would agree with), the only possible logical conclusion is that the data provided isn't that of the plane that hit the Pentagon.

In my view, there is sufficient doubts and contradictory data to justify a re-opening of the case by an independent body of investigation. What would there be to lose? If all the incoherent facts are cleared up I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong.

Absolutely not. Fighter-bombers drop bombs and fighter-bombers strafe, and fighter-bombers fire rockets. Airspeed varies in all these missions. Also, you frequently fly slowly for reconnaissance purposes.

As you know better than I do, fighter bombers have been replaced by multi-role combat aircrafts, but one of the flights patterns important for those planes remains low altitude infiltration at high speed, currently enabled by terrain following radars. So again we agree, all planes flight differently, fighter planes are designed to have a wide flight envelope and to remain controllable in a wider area of circumstances, including flying low at high speed.

Commercial airliners are optimised for cost of operation, their flight envelope is finely tuned to perform very well in the single flight pattern they have to deal with 99.99% of the time during their life time (take off, fly mostly straight, land) and that does obviously not include flying low at high speed. I am not sure why you would want to dispute this?

As far as your second question is concerned, evidently these guys had gone through some pilot training. If they'd flown airplanes before they probably could fly the airplane without a problem. The problems they'd have faced would be with takeoffs and landings and that wasn't part of their planned "flying envelope."

That would have to be the case... except that there is zero evidence of that having happened. As you know, again better than I do, flight schools follow strict regulations, there would have been traces of another attempt if the supposed terrorist had had the opportunity to take additional flight lessons are proven to be an amazingly quick learner.

I agree that taking off and landing would be challenging steps for such a beginner, but hitting a small target at very high speed close to the ground following a complex flight pattern is just as, if not more, challenging.

Interesting. I don't know who these guys are, but it appears they've swallowed their conspiracy theory whole-hog. Let me sum it up for you, Bernard: The damned airplane crashed into the Pentagon. That's the bottom line. Everything else may be up in the air (oops), but the crash is all that matters? Maybe these guys think the pilots flew their own airplane into the Pentagon. I didn't bother to read the whole article. I've seen tons of this kind of bullshit already. Don't need to read any more. The bottom line is the airplane contacting the Pentagon. That's all that really matters.

Once again, the fact that the official story may not be true is so unacceptable for you that you don't seem to be willing to consider the facts being proposed.

So in short, you believe it happened because you are told it happened. As a smart, educated, experienced and free thinking person, why not consider facts instead and admit that some of them do not match the official story and would deserve to be looked into by some people without vested interest in reaching the conclusion that Muslim extremists did it?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:54:24 pm by BernardLanguillier »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2016, 09:05:00 pm »

I watched the plane that hit the Pentagon flying at top speed just a few hundred feet above my head and heard the explosion when it hit a few seconds after it dissapeared  over the hill by the Navy Annex. In keeping with the request to be civil on this forum I will leave it at that. To the gentleman who lost his niece my condolences and admiration for your restraint.

Thanks for joining the discussion, there is nothing like first hand witnesses. Being there at this very moment must have been a terrible experience.

If I may ask, and if it is not too much trouble remembering this tragic day, did you see the actual impact or was there some obstacle in the way between you and the Pentagon?

How far were you from the Pentagon and how long did elapse between you seeing the plane fly over you and you hearing the sound of impact?

Finally, how loud was the plane when it flew over you? Did you see it come or hear it come?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2016, 12:15:41 am »

Ha, the Annie Hall moment on Lula -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIYz8tfGjY

Colorado David

« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2016, 12:48:01 am »

If I may ask, and if it is not too much trouble remembering this tragic day, did you see the actual impact or was there some obstacle in the way between you and the Pentagon?

Bernard, you need to get some help. You are carrying this to the extreme. I told myself not to look at the Coffee Corner, but I did.  Hopefully for the last time.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2016, 04:39:26 am »

Bernard, you need to get some help. You are carrying this to the extreme. I told myself not to look at the Coffee Corner, but I did.  Hopefully for the last time.

Hi David,

I think that I am doing fine, but thanks for your concern. ;)

Like many, I had decided to let it go and go with the flow, believe the cute story we were being told about these arab terrorist with super powers able to fly planes in incredibly challenging conditions without being training. Then people started to get killed in Europe as a result of IS actions and I realized that there was a need to go back to the root cause of the current mess (the war in Irak and events having led to it, starting with 9/11). Anyway you look at it, the official story doesn't fly in so many ways that it simply can't be the truth.

This just can't be given a pass any longer. It just takes objectivity to look at available elements and ask questions.

But I now realize that the subject is still a lot more taboo than I had assumed in the US. In foreign parts many people see it as pretty obvious that the official 9/11 story can't be the whole truth. Probably because it is easier to look at facts in a detached way when you are not directly concerned. Probably also because we were not served constantly with the whole "we are under attack" patriotic speech. Probably also because the consequences in terms of what it would mean wouldn't be as bad outside the US.

It is kind of ironic that trying to re-open this for the greater good ends up with me seen as the disturbed one, but I should have known better.

But fine, as the OP I will lock this thread and leave you in the comfort of your current beliefs. Apologies for having disturbed your summer gentlemen.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up