Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What would it take for Trump to win?  (Read 37485 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
What would it take for Trump to win?
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:17:54 pm »

My guess? A commitment that the whole truth will be made about 9/11 thanks to a truly open and objective investigation re-examining all available evidences not matching the official conspiracy theory (evidences pointing at the presence of demolition charges in all 3 buildings, the impossibility of a plane having hit the Pentagon,...). I would make it an international committee with experts from various countries less likely to bend to pressure of threats.

That's the card I would play if I were him. I believe that this would convince many un-decided voters about his intentions to do politics differently.

Somehow I don't see Clinton making such a proposal...

Heck, if it happened it could put alternative stories to bed once for all and would enable the country and the world to move forward.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:27:09 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: What would it take for Trump to win?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:27:47 pm »

What would it take for Trump to win?...

November 8th ;)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:38:14 pm »

A commitment that the whole truth will be made about 9/11 thanks to a truly open and objective investigation

Hell, I'd vote for him if he promised that. 

Oh, wait.  I can't vote.   :'(

BAB

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:37:23 pm »

People to stop thinking the camera makes great images!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:29:11 pm »

My guess? A commitment that the whole truth will be made about 9/11 thanks to a truly open and objective investigation re-examining all available evidences not matching the official conspiracy theory (evidences pointing at the presence of demolition charges in all 3 buildings, the impossibility of a plane having hit the Pentagon,...). I would make it an international committee with experts from various countries less likely to bend to pressure of threats.

That's the card I would play if I were him. I believe that this would convince many un-decided voters about his intentions to do politics differently.

Somehow I don't see Clinton making such a proposal...

Heck, if it happened it could put alternative stories to bed once for all and would enable the country and the world to move forward.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard.  The plane did hit the Pentagon.  My niece was on it. 

Tarnash

Re:What would it take for Trump to win?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:53:13 pm »

"What would it take for Trump to win?"
Speaking as an outside observer and therefore not `invested' in any candidate or party:
A willingness for US voters to forego critical thought perhaps? Possibly in conjunction with an episode of national psychosis and/or a complete and collective suspension of disbelief.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 04:36:46 am »

Bernard.  The plane did hit the Pentagon.  My niece was on it.

Assuming you are not joking, I am really sorry for your loss. I'd expect you more than anybody else to want to understand what happened that day.

But I fail to see how the tragic disappearance of the people who were on the plane supposed to have crashed on the Pengaton tell us that the plane actually crashed there.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:52:05 am by BernardLanguillier »

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:23 am »

Assuming you are not joking, I am really for your loss. I'd expect you more than anybody else to want to understand what happened that day.

But I fail to see how the tragic disappearance of the people who were on the plane supposed to have crashed on the Pengaton tell us that the plane actually crashed there.

Cheers,
Bernard
Well eye witnesses are pretty good. Google turns up a heap.
As to the conspiracy theorists, the trick is to spot the lie, and then their case falls apart.
I'm not particularly pro-American, but from day one some people have used this terrible event to push their own agenda, and it appals me.
David

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re:What would it take for Trump to win?
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 05:44:44 am »

"What would it take for Trump to win?"
Speaking as an outside observer and therefore not `invested' in any candidate or party:
A willingness for US voters to forego critical thought perhaps? Possibly in conjunction with an episode of national psychosis and/or a complete and collective suspension of disbelief.

The same national psychosis that elected a certain mustachio-ed man to power in Germany in the 1930s - and without the brown shirts?
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Otto Phocus

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 06:13:26 am »

That's easy.  270 electoral votes.

I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

stamper

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 06:13:55 am »

I think that there are a lot of embarrassed republicans in the US concerned that Trump is their chosen one? Some will possibly not admit that they are republicans. Dangerous times ahead. :'(

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:16 am »

A few things.

1. Social unrest.
2. One or more major 'terrorist' attacks.
3. Making Trump look like someone with reasonable/achievable ideas, and/or discrediting the opponent.

ad 1) The republican members of congress have successfully undermined the belief of the people in Government, by blocking just about any change for the better, and promise to reverse those things that did pass (like Obama's version of healthcare that was proposed earlier by some Republican states). People do not believe Government is there for them, so they will support anyone who claims that the people must make America Great again, the populist's agenda.

However, since isolation is not the answer to globalization, that will create an even larger loss of faith in what a proper government can achieve, not only for the most wealthy, but especially for the middle class (largest consumer base), and humane solutions for the underprivileged.

The Republican party's strategy has created it's own monster of Frankenstein.

ad 2) Insecure people look for 'strong' leaders. It doesn't matter if unachievable solutions are promised, just an appeal to primitive feelings (i.e. xenophobia) will suffice.

ad 3) For this he has already appointed Paul Manafort, someone who already successfully helped to get Ferdinand Marcos, Jonas Savimbi, Viktor Yanukovych, and other foreign dictators elected. If anyone can polish a turd, then he is the man. In March 2016, as the potential for a contested convention increased, Trump hired Paul Manafort, who has worked in presidential politics since the 1976 Republican convention, as his convention manager

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:11:46 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:05 am »

As another outsider (non-American) the strangest thing to me about the support that Trump gets from the average joe is why they would think that a "fat-cat millionaire" like him would be on their side. It's easy to understand why large swaths of the middle class would be unhappy with the current governance (of either party; they are indistinguishable to me). But why would they think that a guy like Trump is on their side? Is it just because of those incoherent tough-sounding silly sound bites of his? He's a late-night cable channel car salesmen. We've all met people like that, they never deliver what they promise. It's a very sad state that the country be so annoyed with everything that any wild-ass alternative is preferable to the status quo. I'm not gloating in any sense. It is not a good thing for the planet for the US to go nuts.
--
Robert

Colorado David

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 07:54:41 am »

The only thing that could possibly be worse than Trump being elected president is if Hillary were elected president.

jfirneno

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:48:19 am »

As another outsider (non-American) the strangest thing to me about the support that Trump gets from the average joe is why they would think that a "fat-cat millionaire" like him would be on their side.

If you're really interested in knowing I can tell you precisely why.

Because he is not afraid to say what everyone actually believes.  He's not afraid of being called a racist or a misogynist or a fascist.  When the President of the United States says that the way to hit back at ISIS after the Paris attack is to fight global warming ( http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/261193-obama-climate-conference-is-powerful-rebuke-to-terrorists )  you know all you need to know about why people are tired of politically correct lies.

It's politicians and corporations telling a population without enough jobs that uncontrolled immigration is good for them.
It's telling a country that's been recently exposed to Islamic terror attacks that the best way to solve the problem is to import tens of thousands of people from Syria.

People are stupid but they're not that stupid.

BAB

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 09:51:11 am »

+1
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

BAB

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:02 am »

If you want fre stuff Medicare, healthcare, pension, college, unemployement insurance etc, you know how to vote no matter who's running! If you live in a box 9-5 and watch the TV, take a yearly vacation to Sheboygan and can't wait for the next free thing your government is going to give you because they are only 20 Trillion in debit and you live off of your credit cards too!

If your a person with a great work ethic, common sense, not trying to live off the system and you want to keep more of the money you make, not have the government make you give them your hard earned money to study how the wind blowing through a cows ear affects the global warning and most importantly if in the last eight years you been nauseated and think you should only spend money when you have money also know who to vote for.

If you live inside the USA but your company has all of their assets outside to avoid paying taxes and you have holding personally outside the USA it's a toss up, scary either way, but the weather is also unpredictable.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:48:44 am »

What would it take for Trump to win? Hillary Clinton.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 10:58:52 am »

I don't think Trump would stand a chance if the DNC put up a legitimate candidate
I don't think Clinton would stand a chance if the RNC put up a legitimate candidate

Politically, we are being offer a choice.  Do we wish to be hit in the face with a wet or a dry frying pan.  Technically, there is probably a difference, but either choice is unacceptable.

Political paradox:  Trump and Clinton are each worse than the other.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:04:34 am »

I don't think Trump would stand a chance if the DNC put up a legitimate candidate
I don't think Clinton would stand a chance if the RNC put up a legitimate candidate...

Luckily, it was people, not RNC, that put a legitimate candidate. In contrast to DNC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up