Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't embed LR gallery into Muse Design  (Read 1790 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Can't embed LR gallery into Muse Design
« on: July 12, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get this to work. Firstly, I don't like any of the default Muse gallery widgets. I've used one for several years, but my fine art gallery site sorely needs an update. I'm a pro photographer and use Lightroom as my main converter/database for my images. I designed a new website with Muse and generated a gallery using one of the gallery options in Lightroom, which I really liked. Every time I try to embed the HTML (from the index.html which I renamed ireland.html. Irregardless, it won't embed), I get both a "server error" and also a javascript error. I've Googled and searched multiple times trying to find out why the two won't speak to each other. Zero success. Seems stupid that it's not easier getting an LR gallery into Muse, which is supposed to be such a breeze to design in. Here are screen captures of the errors. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I used to design a number of websites, but at this point, I'm very rusty and trying to get up to speed. I want it to be easy. (As it is, I'll be making it tougher on myself because to "buy", the user will be transported to Square's shopping cart/storefront since there are no easy ways to create an e-commerce gallery in Lightroom.) If there is a different way to get the gallery into the design I'll happily consider it. Thanks!

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Can't embed LR gallery into Muse Design
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 05:21:25 pm »

It's no wonder that Muse won't accept Lr galleries. After all, it's not designed for customised solutions and is intended for designers who need to be protected from the wonders of HTML, CSS, etc. If you want to continue with the Muse design, maybe you can output a site from Muse and then use Dreamweaver to integrate the Lr galleries.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »

It's no wonder that Muse won't accept Lr galleries. After all, it's not designed for customised solutions and is intended for designers who need to be protected from the wonders of HTML, CSS, etc. If you want to continue with the Muse design, maybe you can output a site from Muse and then use Dreamweaver to integrate the Lr galleries.

I was tempted to do just as you suggested. I hate Dreamweaver too, but used it a number of years ago to produce a couple of websites. Hard to believe I used to produce my own Flash website. Too little time these days to immerse myself in a lot of web design programs. But, maybe your suggestion is the way to go. Produce the nuts & bolts with Muse to make it quick and easy, and use Dreamweaver to embed the gallery and the "buy" button.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 04:02:39 am »

If you know what you're doing with web design, Dreamweaver's great and it allows you to build anything. Muse is good for those who don't want to, or are just incapable of understanding the architecture of web sites, and it does let them quickly produce a good-looking static HTML that meets modern standards. By wanting to add some code, you're running into one of its fundamental limitations, sorry key features....

Do you know of the TurningGate web galleries for Lightroom?

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up