Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Lenses  (Read 25007 times)

Farmer

Re: Sony Lenses
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2016, 02:28:46 pm »

Anything?  No, not really.  In this particular case, it would seem that the hardware is capable, it just needs a change in firmware.  There may be reasons why it can't be done, but they're not apparent.  So in a general discussion of EVF, it's a valid point that whilst excellent, it seems like a relatively simple change could improve it significantly.
Phil Brown

shadowblade

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2016, 08:53:18 am »

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-manager-otake-says-next-comes-camera-launch-lens-launch-camera-launch/

So, does this mean a new body every few months, or one lens every two years?

Gandalf

« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2016, 10:22:42 pm »

Bumping this thread back up now that we have a real camera with real nice specs to talk about. I have to admit that the A99II looks on paper like the body I have been waiting for, but the OP makes legitimate points not only about the cost of lenses but also the lack of quality of the lenses especially compared with Canon.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 07:11:41 am »

Hi,

To some extent I agree. On the other hand, most lenses are quite OK for what they are used for.

Best regards
Erik

Bumping this thread back up now that we have a real camera with real nice specs to talk about. I have to admit that the A99II looks on paper like the body I have been waiting for, but the OP makes legitimate points not only about the cost of lenses but also the lack of quality of the lenses especially compared with Canon.
Erik Kaffehr

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2016, 07:48:25 am »

Firstly, Sony sells such highly specialized lens dozen times less than Canon and Nikon so they want to nake it profitable. The law is simple - more production - less cost.
Secondly, i assume you are the real user of this lens and lensscore (and other one-number* ratings) data correlate with you experience?

As far as i know, real users of 4/500 and 2.8/300 has different opinion, not matched with lensscore.
There is some on dyxum.com forum.

People i know tested 4/500 with Canon and Nikon counterparts as wild-life lens.
It was few years ago on real-life with 22-24mp bodies.
Only significant flaw of the Sony 4/500 for wildlife and photorep usage they found is a little smaller magnification on closest focus distance. Sharpness and CAs even on infinity (landscape) was on the same level.

Anyway, one-number-score is integral value and sharpness is only part of it.
For wildlife shooter maximum magnification will be much significant than corner sharpness, for example.
But how we count all this "score" center sharpness and sharpness distribution across the frame, - 'cause we have also CA, flatness of the fieild, coma, vignetting, flare-resistance (better for Sony 'cause much less lens lements due lack of IS) and so on, to say nothing 'bout weight, IS, focus...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up