Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Falcon Shots  (Read 3689 times)

Brookie

Re: First Falcon Shots
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 09:14:06 pm »

From what I've read, Coopers and Sarp Shinned are pretty hard to tell apart particularly because the larger female and smaller male blurs the size difference as a discriminator. Yesterday a Coopers (pretty sure) was chasing a sparrow through my front yard.  Pretty amazing display of flying maneuverability!  They both flew along the side of the house going around a bay window - I just happened to be standing at the window at the right time. Wish I'd had my camera, but honestly it was all too fast and close to track. LOL!!!

John Koerner

• "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 11:35:49 pm »

From what I've read, Coopers and Sarp Shinned are pretty hard to tell apart particularly because the larger female and smaller male blurs the size difference as a discriminator. Yesterday a Coopers (pretty sure) was chasing a sparrow through my front yard.  Pretty amazing display of flying maneuverability!  They both flew along the side of the house going around a bay window - I just happened to be standing at the window at the right time. Wish I'd had my camera, but honestly it was all too fast and close to track. LOL!!!

:D

Sean H

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 01:02:17 pm »

As always, great shots John. I could see details in their feathers. Thanks for sharing.

John Koerner

• "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »

As always, great shots John. I could see details in their feathers. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Shaun.

I am delighted at the fine detail I am able to retain with the Nikon 2x TC III ... it's just opened up a whole other world for me, photographically.

I have just been bitten by the "bird photography" bug ;D

Hope to be able to contribute more photos,

Jack
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up