Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: el salto, Pipeline, I like Blue  (Read 562 times)

leeonmaui

el salto, Pipeline, I like Blue
« on: July 10, 2016, 07:44:40 pm »

Aloha,

I'm working today, I'm working everyday. Maybe I will sell something today maybe I won't, chances are good that I will. I sell pieces almost everyday.
Most likely I won't sell a piece to a photographer, but sometimes I do. I don't create for other peoples approval especially people that don't like Blue, I like blue, I guess it shows up in my work. I make no illusions to my clients that my work is untouched.
You can cry bloody murder about what another photographer does, label it, bash it and moan about someones aesthetic choices or the integrity of their work, Its fine art Photography, so you can either take something away from it or not. I'm happy that people like my work and buy my work, I try not to let what other people say influence my vision, I am luck, people seem to like what I like doing, so it works.   

The jpg file of the El Salto I posted last time was slightly more blue, than the actual image, I have my monitor set with my printing profile on most of the time so that might have caused it to be slightly more blue than it is in the print, but I used grads and a big stopper on the shot, and that can give some shots a color tint that gets pretty hard to shake, and keep other color elements in a balance as I like, but I do like blue so I worked towards that, I think gives the piece a more intimate feel. 

But then again I like blue and push it into my work whenever I feel it offers an additional emotional component to the image.

Sean H

Re: el salto, Pipeline, I like Blue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:29:51 am »

Hi Lee, you are creative and have vision and your work sells. Those are all important. You have an eye for colour, both capturing it and enhancing it, and using it creatively. I am not a big fan of blue but after seeing your treatment of the waves with blue, it looks unique and now I can appreciate it. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working for you and your customers and those of us who like  your photos/art.

Arlen

Re: el salto, Pipeline, I like Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:46:53 pm »

Lee, I like blue too. And especially in your last shot, I think you have used it to make the image quite compelling.

I think that some of feedback that you are referring to concerning your previous post comes from the fact that some people are not seeing your images here on the web the same way that you are seeing them on your monitor. You can maximize the chances that everyone will see it the way you intend by changing the way you prepare the files for the web--i.e., making sure they have an embedded color profile (which your images posted here do not have). Take a look at this ongoing thread in another section of this forum, particularly the last few posts, and maybe it will help clear things up:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=111573.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up