Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

FujiFilm - Faulty Battery Charger

(1/3) > >>

mbaginy:
I bought a FujiFilm X100T before last Christmas and now need to exchange the battery charger for the third time.  It's faulty again.  The green light shows charging but the battery isn't being charged.  Has anybody else encountered this with their FujiFilm chargers?

The other chargers, for the X-Pro 1 and X-T1, have never acted up.  Only the X100T seems to have been shipped with faulty chargers.  Sadly, the X100T battery differs from my other FujiFilm batteries.

Kevin Raber:
I have 2 100T battery chargers one for home and one for traveling and never any problems.

mbaginy:
I hope they keep working, Kevin!  I'll visit my dealer this week and ask for an exchange of the charger.  Also, I'll ask him if other customers have similar a experience.

mbaginy:
Just a brief update, should anyone be interested: the battery charger actually was faulty.  Fujifilm exchanged it for me and I’m again charging the battery properly.  My dealer mentioned that a number of X100T customers have encountered the same problem.  Possibly Fujifilm's supplier has quality problems?  Any number of possibilities.  I hope the charger doesn’t conk out again.

Alan Smallbone:
Lensrentals had an article awhile back on reliability. They found Fuji made the worst chargers in terms of reliability, they had more of them fail than any other brand. I use aftermarket chargers mostly, I just recently found the Watson charger, it is a dual charger and they sell plates for just about any camera battery, it will also tell you remaining charge on a battery by pressing the test button and has some nice features. B&H sell them and the plates.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version