Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: X1D hands on  (Read 38943 times)

Bo Dez

Re: X1D hands on
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:41 pm »

Obviously... I would suggest you to forget your DPR attitude here... We don't particularly like bold statements or gurus of bold theories... Here is what is written at No 110 in this very discussion...

"This is a subject that has been ended by the makers, sientists  and sensor constructors alike ages ago... A print at 72ppi would be a perfect print for all the resolution needed as long as the pixels are of "perfect" quality... for a pixel to behave better (with less noise) size of the pixel is always beneficial for same pixel technology...  72ppi means 9 (nearly 10) pixels printed per square mm of paper size and then viewed at 27cm of distance... It isexactly the same as one trying to view 9 squares of 33cm of side each, packed in one square meter and then viewed from ...270 meters distance!!!!!

The difference to 16 pixels per square millimeter (nearly 90ppi) or 25 pixels per mm (nearly 120ppi), or 36 (6x6) pixels per square mm (nearly 144ppi) wouldn't concern even one with an eagle's eyesight...  ;) Let alone the fact that all modern sensors of even APS-C sensors would result in ABSOLUTELY HUGE prints at 144 ppi... Lets get over this childish matter and leave it to DPR forums concern.... :'(  With 37.5mp one can print A PERFECT PRINT of 9  feet length at the smaller side of the print..., If only his NORMAL lens can resolve 9 squares of 33cm side each packed in one square meter at 270meters distance! THIS should be much more of one's concern than asking to have 16 squares of 25cm side size each packed in the same square... It takes no Einstein knowledge for one to understand this simple matter...  :o

Now go on and wipe some floors...  ;)

Nope, pass me the butter knife will ya?

This just exposes how little you know, and how much you rely on the uniformed junk you are reading. Your so called "makers, sientists and sensor constructors" know f-all about the realities of being a working photographer ***today***.

You can continue believing and proliferating all the garbage all you like, but while your naivety is as thoroughly entertaining as it is, the novelty has just worn off.

Enjoy your mopping kid-o!

Theodoros

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »

I would imagine you "keep losing seasoned pros here" because you are so rude and inhospitable, not to mention naive.

You just lost another one.

See... you are wrong! Clowns stay! ...they always do!

bcooter

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2016, 02:16:22 pm »

Please.  This has got to stop.

Kevin and Chris do a great job of allowing freedom of thought covering it with a light hand, so it's no fault of the owners of this site.

Given that, posting here is getting impossible given the level and intent of a few select people.

Other than gaining attention from a few hundred people,  I don't see the purpose and I won't speculate, because I'm not a psychologist.

From my side, it's easy to get drawn in to negativity and respond, especially when the subjects I photograph are attacked. I hate that I get drawn in and yes it makes me want to leave.

It's just not worth hurting someone that has nothing to do with the discourse for any reason. If this noise stopped, a lot more excellent photographers would be more inclined to post.

We all have agendas, all very personal.   I use a lot of cameras, for different reasons and pay little attention to what other's use.

Guy Bourdin used old nikons that the lens glass rattled and he produced some of the world's most iconic photography for French Vogue, usually on a shoestring budget.

One of the most creative photographers I've known had an old Nikon that was broken so to set the exposure he would frame, take the lens off, set the shutter, put the lens back on and shoot.

He couldn't afford to get it fixed and he was so used to the issue it never concerned him.   

With the Leica S2 I don't use it most of the time, but I do like it.  Under low light with tungsten it produces noise.   I could kill the noise, chose to enhance it, as I wanted a somewhat retro theme to a modern Johnny and June.

It was my choice and It was accepted for editorial and life goes on, but it's not that there is anything wrong with the camera.

I wish there was a higher level of respect for each other and much less negativity.   Cameras mean a lot to some people, to other's their just a small part of the project, but anyones choice is just that, it's their choice.

You know Michael and Kevin used all formats.   Obviously their goal was to test and write articles, but in reality they love(d) photography and their real goal was to produce something compelling.

You could notice in their interviews they gave strong opinions, while trying to be positive.    We could all learn from that.

Leica S2

IMO

BC

P.S.  In regards to the old RG forums, they were nothing like this situation.  It was a long time ago, but most of us left by our own choosing due to a heavy hand of moderation.

It was the owner's of that site right as they owned it but once it became uncomfortable, people left.

Regardless of whether I post here again or not, please don't let a few people do the same here.

In fact all should try to make it more positive, so more interesting artists that actually show photographs will come back.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2016, 02:21:22 pm »

Well said James, this is indeed annoying. Cheers!

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »

Various members above and elsewhere are banned from posting for a while. I do not enjoy this. Perhaps we can all get on with our lives and do some work?
Remember this is someone else's house - not yours. If you might be cautious about rubbish talk around the dinner table at a friend's, so be it here.
Your host asks the incautious & intemperate to chill out for a while.

Chris

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »

Chris - Couldn't agree more.  Not sure why things get this way or why it seems it is so easy to turn things so negative.  Chir and I would like this to a forum where members feel at home regardless if they don't agree.  I think Chris said it best.  Some folks deserved a time out.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Joe Towner

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »

Mods, as the OP please lock this topic.

My intent to separate chatter on medium format gear from folks who have placed a hand on a X1D has failed.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up