Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't open moved folders  (Read 1576 times)

Harald L

Can't open moved folders
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:51:46 am »

Having a Mac-Only environment so far I've just installed a new Windows 10 system and a new Synology NAS. Everything works fine in that mixed environment except Capture One:

I've (i) moved my C1 catalogs from my MacBook to the NAS and (ii) moved that catalogs to a local drive of my Windows system.

Unfortunately my Windows-C1 system doesn't recognize those catalogs as a catalog but only as a ordinary folder and shows "xxx.cocatalog".

Any ideas what's going wrong?
Glad to be an amateur

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Can't open moved folders
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 06:39:23 am »

The catalog structure in windows is an ordinary folder with an "xxx.cocatalog" file inside plus other folders for cache, adjustments, original & outputs (usually) like in the attached image. Is that different from what you get? You just have to open that xxx.cocatalog file from C1 or double-click on the .cocatalog file from windows explorer

Harald L

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 04:36:37 pm »

Yes, this is that what I see. And yes, clicking on the xxx.cocatalogdb file opens the catalog. This behavior is different from the Mac where you just have to click on the directory and C1 opens the cocatalogdb within the directory.
Glad to be an amateur

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »

That is because C1 uses "packages" in Mac, which is something not available in windows. The internal data organization in the package is similar to the windows folder structure

Harald L

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 03:29:26 am »

That is because C1 uses "packages" in Mac, which is something not available in windows. The internal data organization in the package is similar to the windows folder structure

This is new to me. Thank you for explanation.
Glad to be an amateur
Pages: [1]   Go Up