Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Norway - Lofoten Islands  (Read 904 times)

uppy61

• Mark Upfield Photography
Norway - Lofoten Islands
« on: July 08, 2016, 11:30:25 am »

Had a great response on my first even post on the forum so thought I would try my luck at a second. As I explained in my first one I'm a full time photographer so I travel a fair amount and i'm sure I will be bombarding you more over the coming months.

Here is one I took after 3 nights and only 8 hours sleep across all three, if you haven't been to Norway I suggest you go as I have seen the guys who run this site are running a tour there soon!

Anyways look forward to hearing from you all and hope you are all well.
The best light comes before, after and during the rain...
www.muphotographiclandscapes.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Norway - Lofoten Islands
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »

Beautiful.

I'd love to get to the Lofotens some day. I've never been north of Trondhjem  (in 1952, so I didn't even have a camera then).
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Sean H

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:18:40 pm »

Surreal and unearthly. I think that the loss of sleep was a price worth paying to capture this beauty.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:36:01 pm »

Another great one Mark! Is the green in the left side of the sky "Northern Lights"?
 The closest to Norway I've ever gotten is through my dogs, they are Norwegian Elkhounds  :)

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

uppy6101

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »

Another great one Mark! Is the green in the left side of the sky "Northern Lights"?
 The closest to Norway I've ever gotten is through my dogs, they are Norwegian Elkhounds  :)

Kevin in CT

Yeah slight northern lights it wasn't the best display ever but I feel it works well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uppy6101

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 01:24:20 pm »

Beautiful.

I'd love to get to the Lofotens some day. I've never been north of Trondhjem  (in 1952, so I didn't even have a camera then).

I'm actually looking at running a tour there in 2017, I know the lads who run the forum have one there this year

uppy6101

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 01:25:05 pm »

Surreal and unearthly. I think that the loss of sleep was a price worth paying to capture this beauty.

Thank you Sean

Yeah loss of sleep and a chest infection but still worth it... Lots of anti biotics when I got back as I couldn't get any out there

Sean H

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 01:32:00 pm »

Hope that you are fully recovered now! It is a stunning shot and thank you for sharing and making the sacrifice to capture the view.  You are a fantastic photographer and we would be poorer if you we lost you to a serious infection (insufficient sleep can weaken your immune system).

uppy6101

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:28 pm »

Hope that you are fully recovered now! It is a stunning shot and thank you for sharing and making the sacrifice to capture the view.  You are a fantastic photographer and we would be poorer if you we lost you to a serious infection (insufficient sleep can weaken your immune system).

Yeah I learnt that the hard way, thank you though Sean means a lot :) back to Iceland in November.

Got a quick trip to Anglesey, north wales this Sunday for two nights then Guernsey in August. Luckily no northern light chasing so sleep will be had

Pages: [1]   Go Up