Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested  (Read 55758 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2016, 10:13:11 am »

Thanks Rand, I used to go to Pauls all the time back in my film days, bought my Canon A-1 back in the day. I will keep my eyes peeled for other Fuji events in other stores.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Robert Falconer

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2016, 10:03:53 pm »

Many of the reviews are "Fuji X Photographers".  They get early review cameras but are NOT compensated by Fuji.  The deal with Fuji is that they share their honest opinions and provide feedback with the company.  At a certain point after announcement Fuji lifts the NDA so they are free to share their opinions.

Which photographers reviewing the X-T2 have you found to be on the Fuji payroll?
None of us are on any "payroll". The way it works is to think of it as NPS or CPS, but with the added bonus of getting early access to gear to evaluate; loaners to use on occasion when we want to try something new or different; and sometimes gear in exchange for doing educational seminars, talks, etc. And, yes, we get a discount on the purchase of gear, which is nice. That’s about it.

I will say that it’s a great company to be affiliated with. They listen carefully to our feedback, and when there’s a large aggregate of suggestions, they implement it as quickly as corporate speed allows (unlike a number of other camera companies — who shall remain nameless — who take a very paternal, “you’ll get what we give you” approach to camera design and implementation).

btw: a word about the X-T2’s autofocus system. After watching Chris Nicholls’ (The Camera Store) NYC video where he tested the X-T2, I called him today and asked him “off the record” whether its performance is really as good as he indicated. He told me that indeed it was. At least as good as the Sony A6300, but with the added benefit of the 5 custom programmable modes. I then asked him precisely which DSLRs the X-T2 could compete against re autofocus tracking ability. He said it was comparable to the Nikon D7200 and the Canon 7DII.

I’d say that’s a big leap forward for Fuji … and eminently usable.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:07:58 pm by Robert Falconer »
Official Fujifilm brand ambassador (X-Photographer) | Contributing Editor, Nikon Owner Magazine

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2016, 11:36:09 am »

Robert, did you get a X-T2 to evaluate? I am looking forward to getting mine, which I have on order. I do wish they would extend the bracketing, I know they did a little on this model. But at least +/-3 stops and configurable 3,5,7,9 shots would be nice. It would also be nice if they would make it controllable via usb port with third party applications. The full PTP protocol instead of just transfer of images. But minor quibbles, they are very responsive and I have enjoyed all my Fuji cameras.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2016, 09:52:10 am »

It is a bit strange that Fuji has kept to only 3 brackets total, even on the X-Pro2.  With all of their firmware updates, this issue has not been addressed, and plenty of photographers have asked for at least 5 brackets.  They did increase the exposure range on the X-Pro2, but kept total number of brackets to 3. 

The new shutter makes shooting brackets so easy, I would hope that in the future Fuji will address this with a firmware fix.  Not sure if it will be done in the upcoming Vr 2 or not. 

I also wonder if the X-T2 is limited to only 3 brackets?  If it allows more then there is hope for the X-Pro2 in the future.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

rdonson

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2016, 04:36:34 pm »

I think it's up in the air as I'm not aware of anyone having the production level firmware.
Regards,
Ron

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2016, 09:11:10 am »

Chasseur d'Image published this month a very positive review of the XT-2. They call it the best APS-C camera.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:22:12 am by BernardLanguillier »

rdonson

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2016, 02:45:42 pm »

I'm super impressed with the new AF system in the X-T2.  My X-T1 will become my back.  I'm convinced by enough reviews with pre-production firmware on the AF that I'm going to be selling my Canon 7D and the rest of my Canon gear.

Here's a good video review putting it through its paces.

https://youtu.be/vUPxVYAnz_E

Here's a comment from another photographer about the review that was super encouraging.  I'm sorry that I've lost the initial link and therefore can't provide attribution.  Perhaps I'll find it eventually.  Anyway, here's the comment.

btw: a word about the X-T2’s autofocus system. After watching Chris Nicholls’ (The Camera Store) NYC video where he tested the X-T2, I called him today and asked him “off the record” whether its performance is really as good as he indicated. He told me that indeed it was. At least as good as the Sony A6300, but with the added benefit of the 5 custom programmable modes. I then asked him precisely which DSLRs the X-T2 could compete against re autofocus tracking ability. He said it was comparable to the Nikon D7200 and the Canon 7DII.

Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2016, 02:20:30 pm »

Here's a pretty detailed "first look" review. It's actually quite detailed in the camera specs, operation and design.

http://www.fujirumors.com/first-look-review-fujifilm-x-t2/
Regards,
Ron

Rand47

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

Here's a pretty detailed "first look" review. It's actually quite detailed in the camera specs, operation and design.

Good catch.  Rico really knows his stuff.  I attended a two-day workshop on the X-T1 that he put on in Santa Barbara about a year ago or so. I went away understanding the "iso-less" sensor a lot better.  Very fun and personable guy, too.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

rdonson

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »

Rand, if he ever comes to North Carolina I'd definitely sign up for his workshop.  I'd be hard pressed though to justify a flight to CA though.   ;D
Regards,
Ron

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2016, 10:50:59 am »

Both Adorama and B&H are showing that shipping will start Sept. 8th. Rico's first look is pretty detailed. I am sure he is working on a book as well since he has one for every other model.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:30 am »

Looks like the cameras should be shipping tomorrow. Adorama has charged my credit card, so I am sure it is going to ship soon.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

armand

• Photos
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2016, 10:44:17 am »

I'm going in a trip which will involve plenty of photography in a little over a week and I'm very tempted but only if I can get it fast, meaning they have more than just for the preorders. Otherwise it's safer to wait for the bugs to iron out.
Not the wisest decision to go with a new camera out there but I'm so so tempted.
My local guys are useless to be honest, I doubt they even have any in stock right now as they couldn't even tell me if they have any. So much for supporting the local economy.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:04 am »

Considering the batteries are practically the same I expect we'll need even more of them with the new processor. Wonder if they have enough stock of these too.

rdonson

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2016, 03:16:37 pm »

By all reports battery life hasn't changed at all.  The new battery is only different in its dissipation of heat.
Regards,
Ron

brandon

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2016, 07:35:58 am »

Nice review, and very interesting camera. Im  enjoying my XPro1 especially with the 14mm and learning how to best develop the images from the Xtrans. The better EVF and much improved autofocus performance looks to be just what is needed

armand

• Photos
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2016, 09:49:38 am »

It seems to be sold out already.
Now we will get to see reviews from the real world, historically they have been less positive than the prerelease ones.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2016, 10:39:03 am »

Fuji only shipped a certain number as the earthquake did seem to effect their output.  The ones shipped may have been assembled prior to the damage hit the chip line, unknown. 

But B&H seems to be shipping out the first backordered cameras.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »

Apparently I cannot control myself and I just placed an order for a one and a 35 F2 while I was at it.
Now I have to decide if I should take the 14 F2.8, 18-55 F2.8-4 +/- 60 F2.4 or the 10-24 F4, 35 F2 and the 60 F2.4?

(Of course I didn't rule out the E-M5ii as it's already tested)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2016, 03:00:19 pm »

Adorama is showing them in stock and free overnight shipping. They told me when I called to check status on my pre-order that they received more than they had pre-orders for, so that might be an option.

I should have mine on Friday morning, they upgraded me to free overnight shipping so happy about that.....

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up