Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested  (Read 55637 times)

JaapD

Re: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 04:11:38 am »

For me a great camera system includes a great RAW converter as well. Currently C1 is badly lagging behind. As mentioned in another thread for me RAW conversion shall include proper lens corrections as my 16-55 f/2.8 is heavily depending on it.

Up till now C1 is still unable to read the lens correction parameters from the Fuji X-Pro2 (& X-T2) RAW file. For me it means that for the time being I’m better off staying with my X-T1 and I will only purchase X-T2’s after C1 has included the lens corrections.

TommyWeir

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 04:38:38 pm »

The X-T2 is on my wishlist for sure... will have to be content with my X-T1 for a while yet.  Intrigued by the option of the new 23mm f2.  If it's compact my X-T1 might have one semi-permanently attached to it as my EDC.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 02:53:29 pm »

There is a quick review sample of the X-T2 4K videon on dpreview. It seems competitive with most cameras except the Sony A6300 which has significantly better resolution (and some moire).
I'm not a video shooter though so the addition of the color profiles for me weighs a lot, as I have minimal intentions to spent time grading the film. Provia (maybe a little Velvia) and Acros and my requirements are met. One can only dream about raw video with the color profile applied in post.

MBehrens

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 12:57:08 pm »

Boy, the reviews are just getting better and better on this camera. Has anyone found any [Camera Body, VPB Grip, and set of 2-3 Batteries] bundle packages? What I'll be ordering and hoping to save a couple of bucks with a bundle.

Thanks.

chez

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 11:22:25 am »

Boy, the reviews are just getting better and better on this camera. Has anyone found any [Camera Body, VPB Grip, and set of 2-3 Batteries] bundle packages? What I'll be ordering and hoping to save a couple of bucks with a bundle.

Thanks.

Be very leary of early reviews. Many of these so called reviewers are on the Fuji payroll one way or another. I'd wait until the camera is out so the normal Joe can give it a go.

rdonson

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:43 pm »

Be very leary of early reviews. Many of these so called reviewers are on the Fuji payroll one way or another. I'd wait until the camera is out so the normal Joe can give it a go.

Many of the reviews are "Fuji X Photographers".  They get early review cameras but are NOT compensated by Fuji.  The deal with Fuji is that they share their honest opinions and provide feedback with the company.  At a certain point after announcement Fuji lifts the NDA so they are free to share their opinions.

Which photographers reviewing the X-T2 have you found to be on the Fuji payroll?
Regards,
Ron

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 02:46:18 pm »

I just played with one the other day at my local emporium, Pro Photo Supply in Portland. A Fuji rep brought a couple of bodies and lenses to use. Since the firmware is not finalized, he would not let us take files home, but it was nice to actually see it, hold it and listen to the shutter. I've been a happy Fuji user since the X E-1 and through the X T-1 and the X T-2 looks good. I am totally uninterested in video but the things in which I am interested appeal. For me the dual card slots make a huge difference (I had a card failure with many photos while in the Galapagos, major angst, but it was with a D800E, and the second card bailed me out). The joystick is... a joy. The buttons are now much more tactile. With the grip mounted it feels quite a bit bigger but without the grip it's minimally larger than the X T-1. I never had a problem with the dials but the new locking ones are nice. All in all, I'm happy I'm near the top of the list when it arrives in August, would be nice, or in September, which is more realistic.

MBehrens

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2016, 01:44:00 pm »

At this point, even if some of the features are being hyped, the X-T2 seems to be worth the price of admission. I understand the risks of early adoption. With Fuji's track record of providing updates this is a much lower risk than with other manufacturers that seem to think they can deliver a perfect system out of the gate. With the cameras now depending on software (firmware) for their features and performance, a more software oriented delivery model will be the norm. Fuji is ahead of the curve in this respect.

Thinking back to my upgrade from my Canon 50d to the 7d and the more advanced focusing system of the 7d was so rewarding. I'm expecting the X-T2 to deliver a similar reward. It isn't a secret the focusing system of the X-T1 is a bit challenged and they seem to be dedicated to delivering in this area. Really, they have to if they want to break into the pro market with any volume.

donbga

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2016, 02:09:10 pm »

I find it amazing that the LCD still isn't fully articulate. Just sayin ...

Don Bryant

rdonson

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:50 pm »

Don Bryant

Which camera with fully articulated LCD do you prefer or think they should emulate?  Does it add size or weight to that camera?
Regards,
Ron

armand

• Photos
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:06 pm »

Don Bryant

In theory I find the way the LCD is articulated just perfect.

A fully articulated LCD has to be flipped out to do anything, too cumbersome when all you need is simple tilt. A tilt up/down only LCD is not that helpful for a portrait orientation. Fuji's solution takes the best from these options.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 05:24:58 pm »

Fuji's LCD design seems very similar to the Pentax K1 which is a very good design.

Wish they had allowed just basic movement with the X-pro2 screen

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

armand

• Photos

mbaginy

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2016, 01:14:33 am »

I'm pleased to see the screen flip vertically, even if only to a maximum of about 45°.  I've long been awaiting some feature which can be used due to the lack of an angle finder for my Fujifilm bodies.  Since I now rarely use my Canon gear, I'll be boxing it up for sale on ebay.  I'm really pleased with the X-System and will be purchasing the X-T2 once it reaches Germany.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:16 am »

Just so you are aware, I have shot with the XT-2 but our policy here is not to do a review on a product unless it is a shipping version.  We will have a thorough review on the X-T2 once we receive a final version.  Will keep you posted.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rdonson

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 11:39:25 am »

I'm pleased to see the screen flip vertically, even if only to a maximum of about 45°.  I've long been awaiting some feature which can be used due to the lack of an angle finder for my Fujifilm bodies.  Since I now rarely use my Canon gear, I'll be boxing it up for sale on ebay.  I'm really pleased with the X-System and will be purchasing the X-T2 once it reaches Germany.

I'm with you, Mike.  I like the new flip LCD and the rest of the features.  What an upgrade.  I will be buying the X-T2 and keeping my X-T1 as a second camera.

All my Canon gear goes on the block soon. 
Regards,
Ron

Rand47

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:09 pm »

My camera store had a Fuji sponsored event today, with X-T2 there and available for handling with pretty much any lens one would want to try.  In terms of size, handling, menu, speed of AF, AF tracking, etc., I can tell you that in "my hands" it more than lives up to the hype.

The new vertical battery grip, feels even better than the X-T1 grip.  AF is as fast, or faster than my X-Pro2.  "Blackout" when on Boost mode w/ the grip is all but non-existent and I think it will either be no issue re AF tracking of moving subjects, or at least so minimal as to be managable.  I tracked some cars zooming down a major SoCal boulevard on AFC, 11 frames per second, and had no difficulty keeping my subject accurately framed.

I had already pre-ordered from this dealer, and am #3 on their list.  I'm more excited now than before.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2016, 10:36:29 am »

Rand,

What store was it? I wish I had known I would have liked to be there. Glad it looks like it is living up to some of the previews.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

donbga

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2016, 11:38:13 am »

Which camera with fully articulated LCD do you prefer or think they should emulate?  Does it add size or weight to that camera?
At this point, I prefer cameras that allow for a fully articulated LCD. Adding size or weight is irrelevant to me. For disclosure though, I have severe osteoarthritis.

Rand47

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 03:56:13 pm »

Rand,

What store was it? I wish I had known I would have liked to be there. Glad it looks like it is living up to some of the previews.

Alan

Alan,

Paul's Photo in Torrance.  I've done busines with them for the last 35 years.

https://www.facebook.com/paulsphoto/photos/a.452007758507.234608.102535923507/10155104622088508/?type=3&theater

Rand
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:05:26 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up