Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I batch convert a large folder of images from ProPhoto RGB to Adobe RGB?  (Read 1907 times)

Dinarius

If so, what is the best way of doing this?

The files are ProPhoto 16bit TIFFs.

I use Photoshop CS 6, Capture 1 and Hasselblad Phocus.

Many thanks.

D.

howardm

If you're somewhat comfy w/ command-line, then ImageMagick's 'convert' command w/ the 'profile' option would be just the ticket. 

There may well be a way to use CS6's 'Image Processor' or batch functionality but those depend on creating an action to do what you want first.  Never tried it. 

It looks like there may be a way to tweak the Export function of Phocus to do what you want (ie. modify the colorspace during the export).

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/

The way I would do this is create a Photoshop Droplet

In CS6 first create an action to convert a file from ProPhoto RGB to Adobe RGB (using the desired rendering intent, black point compensation etc.) and then use this action to create the droplet following the instructions of the link above.

Then just drop the files you want to convert on the droplet icon and they will all be converted as per the action that is embedded in the droplet.

You can do the same using the File/Automate/Batch....  command in CS6, but then you need to open Photoshop to execute and point to the specific files you want to convert. But for the rest the principle is the same.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:40:26 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Dinarius

Many thanks for the replies.

I've tried this action and I am happy with the results.

Thanks again.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up