Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Finding and Installing the last version of LR before CC2015.6  (Read 8535 times)

pflower

Re: Help - Finding and Installing the last version of LR before CC2015.6
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »

I find this extraordinary.  Is there no response from Adobe about this issue? Let alone a fix?

I haven't heard of a fix yet nor any communication from Adobe about what the problem is and the ETA of a fix; and yes, poorly colour-managed outcomes printing from both of the latest LR/PS versions is a scientifically repeatable and therefore assured occurrence.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 06:34:55 pm »

I find this extraordinary.  Is there no response from Adobe about this issue? Let alone a fix?

Hi,

I'm somewhat amazed as well. I suppose that the subscription model of payment gives them enough confidence that they can take their time without consequences. Although I've not hunted down all their communications about the issue, it seems to be awfully quiet, for several weeks now and counting.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »

Stay tuned.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »

Stay tuned.

Hi Mark,

If I'm not mistaken, it's you who already hinted at something being announced (released?) tomorrow (on Monday, presumably 12:00 EST, for those in different time-zones).

Why the secrecy? Or did Adobe actually even formally acknowledge that there is an issue, and what the issue was (with temorary work-arounds), beyond a necessary Epson 3800 driver update (that would somehow automagically solve the issue for all printers, even though it seems to be caused by a(n) (future) update of Mac OS Color Management APIs ).

It gives me a hard time advising anyone to use (some of the) Adobe products at the present (even if I use several myself).

Cheers,
Bart

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2016, 09:02:21 pm »

I didn't mention anything about Monday - I believe it was Andrew in another thread. It is safe to use the penultimate versions of Photoshop and Lightroom until we hear more.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

I didn't mention anything about Monday - I believe it was Andrew in another thread. It is safe to use the penultimate versions of Photoshop and Lightroom until we hear more.

Okay, I misinterpreted then (good I asked), some next Monday (or not) it is then ...

Cheers,
Bart

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »

For clarity, I'm hoping that late Monday we'll hear something back from all that has been put forward up to now, but I don't know what and I doubt there will be a fix by then.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:30 pm »

For clarity, I'm hoping that late Monday we'll hear something back from all that has been put forward up to now, but I don't know what and I doubt there will be a fix by then.

Got it.

Cheers,
Bart

pflower

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:09 pm »

Can't sleep so wandering around the internet and found your article.  Many thanks for the work and effort you put into this.

If, as Adobe say, the fix will not be available until sometime in August then presumably something has gone very wrong.  I know nothing about software development but clearly this is not a trivial problem.

Again thanks for your work and persistence.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »

Can't sleep so wandering around the internet and found your article.  Many thanks for the work and effort you put into this.

If, as Adobe say, the fix will not be available until sometime in August then presumably something has gone very wrong.  I know nothing about software development but clearly this is not a trivial problem.

You are welcome. Much credit also to Andrew for bringing this issue to our attention and all the testing work he has done on it too.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 01:18:29 pm »

I’m sure Adobe can’t simply “fix” it and then push it out.  Some pretty serious testing needs to occur to both make sure it works and doesn’t break something else. Additionally I’m sure they are into the next version, so they need to figure out how to put a hard stop in that version with whatever work has been done, and get the fix added in before they push it out.  It’s quite possible the “fix” will include a few other things, maybe just a couple of new camera’s supported, that were in the pipeline.

I’m just glad they finally found the issue and admitted it.  Thanks Mark and Andrew.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:28:27 am by Wayne Fox »

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

Thank you Mark and Andrew - and LuLa!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up