Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Finding and Installing the last version of LR before CC2015.6  (Read 8468 times)

pflower

This is becoming a bit of a nightmare.  I am in the middle of printing for an exhibition.  Most of the images were processed in the last version of LR CC before the CC2015.6 version was released - I am on Mac OSX 11.  I can't remember now precisely the version number but it was CC2015.5.x.  I upgraded to CC2015.6 and have suffered from the printing bug in this release - the prints on my Epson 3880 look like rubbish (and despite what Adobe says I am on the most recent driver for the printer). 

So I have tried to roll back to the last release before CC2015.6.  This is not available to me through Creative Cloud so I found this link - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html.  You have to download the Application Installer and then the version you want.  The only option before CC2015.6 is CC2015.5.1.

However installing that I simply get a splash screen that says it is CC2015 - i.e. no later release.  More urgently for me is that this version, whilst it prints fine, does not have the Dehaze option in it.  Many of my images have used Dehaze and in the now installed version don't work properly.

Can anyone help in guiding me to somewhere I can get the last release of LRCC before the 2015.6 release?

Thanks

pflower

Re: Help - Finding and Installing the last version of LR before CC2015.6
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

Slightly different link but the same options as the one that I found.  That's the one I downloaded and installed -  i.e. 2015.5.1 - no Dehaze -.  There must be a later version or I am being very stupid (entirely possible).  I thought Dehaze was released in an earlier version to 2015.6 which itself only added the guided upright. But for the life of me I can't find it.  There was a huge fuss over the import options somewhere in the CC2015.5.x releases which Adobe then retracted.  I remember going through those without too many problems.  But I am now stuck with images in 2015.6 that printed fine on previous versions of LR but won't now or rolling back to a version that doesn't include an adjustment I made use of. 

The only solution for my immediate problem is to use 2015.6 and export as Tiffs and print through Photoshop CS 5 which I still have.  But this is a huge mess and a pain.  Have Adobe completely re-written history by deleting all versions of LR after 2015.5.1 up to 2015.6 or am I delusional?

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »

Dehaze came in 2015.1 as a global adjustment, and was added as a local adjustment in 2015.2 Where are you looking for it? Are you definitely a CC subscriber, and signed into your account when you're running Lr?

pflower

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:58:13 pm »

Yes I am indeed a CC subscriber and when I download and install the 2015.5.1 app I am asked to register with my ID and password (as opposed to taking a trial run).  But there is definitely no Dehaze in the options.

This is the screen shot - and I have done this several times expecting 2015.5.1

Dehaze came in 2015.1 as a global adjustment, and was added as a local adjustment in 2015.2 Where are you looking for it? Are you definitely a CC subscriber, and signed into your account when you're running Lr?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 04:05:51 pm »

Where are you looking for Dehaze?

Helo > System Info shows the version number.

stingray

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »

I ran into this problem. (ie Dehaze missing).  I tried all the usual, including logging out of CC, reboot my Windows PC ....etc....  The Adobe CC app told me I had the latest version of Lrcc.  I created a support ticket with Adobe. In prep for a chat session I rebooted my PC, re-logged into CC (use the Help tab to find the Log In option on Windows) and then .... boom .... back in the latest version.  Adobe chat could not explain what happened, even though they had remote access to my machine.

The sense I had was that I had launched the non CC version of Lightroom, even though I was using CC for as long as CC has been available.

My assumption ... a glitch with the Adobe sign-on server .....

Another suggestion ... if you are windows ... replace the Lr shortcut from the windows tool bar.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:10:07 pm by stingray »

Mac Mahon

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 04:46:39 am »

This is becoming a bit of a nightmare.  I am in the middle of printing for an exhibition.  Most of the images were processed in the last version of LR CC before the CC2015.6 version was released - I am on Mac OSX 11.  I can't remember now precisely the version number but it was CC2015.5.x.  I upgraded to CC2015.6 and have suffered from the printing bug in this release - the prints on my Epson 3880 look like rubbish (and despite what Adobe says I am on the most recent driver for the printer). 

So I have tried to roll back to the last release before CC2015.6.  This is not available to me through Creative Cloud so I found this link - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html.  You have to download the Application Installer and then the version you want.  The only option before CC2015.6 is CC2015.5.1.

However installing that I simply get a splash screen that says it is CC2015 - i.e. no later release.  More urgently for me is that this version, whilst it prints fine, does not have the Dehaze option in it.  Many of my images have used Dehaze and in the now installed version don't work properly.

Can anyone help in guiding me to somewhere I can get the last release of LRCC before the 2015.6 release?

Thanks
For the same reason as you, I uninstalled 2015.6, reinstalled LR 2015 and then applied the 2015.5.1 update all from this site.  Dehaze is there, as expected, under 'Effects'
Cheers
Tim

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:06 am »

For the same reason as you, I uninstalled 2015.6, reinstalled LR 2015 and then applied the 2015.5.1 update all from this site.  Dehaze is there, as expected, under 'Effects'
Cheers
Tim

Fair enough, but in so doing you do without the whole new transform panel, so anyone who had used the new upright tools will lose all those adjustments by rolling back one version. I'm one of those. I did go back to the penultimate version of Photoshop for some urgent diagnostic work, but left the LR install alone. I'll delay non-essential printing till Adobe comes to its senses and fixes all this.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

pflower

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:26:27 am »

Thanks,  I tried that - the download file is called setup.dmg which when mounted shows an app called AdobePatchInstaller.  Double clicking on that just brings up an error message saying that this update is not for you (i.e. me).

Stumped at the moment.

For the Mac:
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-mac.html#lightroom

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 09:37:27 am »

That is a patch, not a full version. Uninstall the current version of Lightroom like you uninstall any program - either through Applications or through Adobe's CC App. If it asks about Preferences, leave them. Then use the links at Adobe http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015 to download the older version (that Prodesigntools site just recycles Adobe material and links) .

And again, where are you looking for Dehaze? Help > System Info shows the version number.

pflower

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 12:08:58 pm »

Finally sorted it out with the help of Adobe support.  Interestingly they went straight to the Prodesigntools site and pointed me to the same file I had already downloaded.  I explained that it didn't work and double clicked it to prove it (for the 4th time).  Strangely it worked this time and I now have version 2015.5.1 running which is what I wanted.  The Adobe site download file - although saying it was 2015.5.1 only installed the original 2015 release without Dehaze.

I am now back printing and won't be upgrading until I am certain that 2015.6.x really works - pity because I did rather like the guided upright addition.

That is a patch, not a full version. Uninstall the current version of Lightroom like you uninstall any program - either through Applications or through Adobe's CC App. If it asks about Preferences, leave them. Then use the links at Adobe http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015 to download the older version (that Prodesigntools site just recycles Adobe material and links) .

And again, where are you looking for Dehaze? Help > System Info shows the version number.

Mac Mahon

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »

Fair enough, but in so doing you do without the whole new transform panel, so anyone who had used the new upright tools will lose all those adjustments by rolling back one version. I'm one of those. I did go back to the penultimate version of Photoshop for some urgent diagnostic work, but left the LR install alone. I'll delay non-essential printing till Adobe comes to its senses and fixes all this.
Yeah I know Mark.  I like those tools.
But I need LR to print and the new version is useless until whoever needs to, sorts out the colour management bug.
;(
Tim

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »

I hear you and I agree!! (in spades)

pflower

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »

Although when I spoke to the Adobe support team they immediately agreed with me that CC2015.6 was flawed in the print module and immediately tried to get me back to a functioning version.  So hopefully someone or some persons are actually working on this.  Complaints work.  So complain away

I hear you and I agree!! (in spades)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 06:15:30 pm »

I hope they know it is Photoshop also.

howardm

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 06:48:34 am »

I ended up installing the 2015 version (full install) over the 2015.6 via the prodesigntools.  It automatically removed the 'defective' version.  Then just download the patch (setup.dmg) file (again from prodesigntools) to bring it up to 2015.5.x.  I still get CC trying to convince me to 'upgrade' to 2015.6

John Caldwell

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 12:03:55 pm »

Just checking: Aside from regressing to a prior LR version, there is no fix for the LR print problem yet, is this correct?

Is it also true that printing to Epson machines from OS X does reliably suffer the ill effects?

Thank you,

John Caldwell

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 12:08:21 pm »

I haven't heard of a fix yet nor any communication from Adobe about what the problem is and the ETA of a fix; and yes, poorly colour-managed outcomes printing from both of the latest LR/PS versions is a scientifically repeatable and therefore assured occurrence.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up