Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fractures  (Read 499 times)

philaitman

Fractures
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:58:18 am »

Recently I've become obsessed with the closer details of the landscape. In particular the rocks around our coastline and the faults and cracks that run through them.

If I can judge the compositions correctly to make them interesting enough to look at I feel this may turn into a larger project. What I feel is important is, the longer you can look the more you discover -which is of course, true of so many situations-

Thanks for looking.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Fractures
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 06:06:05 am »

A lot of potential in this, especially the first one and particularly the color. /B
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:54:02 am by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

stamper

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:14:11 am »

You are going in the right direction and it is a nice project. The first one in particular is noteworthy.

graeme

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:34:52 am »

I really like the second one, very flat & calligraphic. Reminds me of this artist's work:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=johannes+schreiter&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb4d3ohtLNAhUiJcAKHWS5AKoQsAQIHQ&biw=1794&bih=1331

Looking forward to seeing some more of this series.

philaitman

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 06:43:16 am »

Thank you all for the encouraging words.

Interesting what you say about the second one Graeme, I see what you say about Caligraphic -and thanks for the link-, what actually drew me to that parttern initially was the look that the rock had been fractured then an attempt had been mad to stitch it back together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up