Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COBIA [co'bia]  (Read 4097 times)

OnlyNorth

COBIA [co'bia]
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:25:48 am »

At north-west of Bucharest there is a road which goes through plate land

stamper

Re: COBIA [co'bia]
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:44:08 am »

Possibly a little more foreground and less sky? That would be the conventional thinking and you obviously prefer what you posted. What there is is nicely processed.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 08:17:14 am »

and passes many vilages

OnlyNorth

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:18:56 am »

Possibly a little more foreground and less sky? That would be the conventional thinking and you obviously prefer what you posted. What there is is nicely processed.
Thank You

Telecaster

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »

I like the photo as is. It's out-of-kilter but IMO in a way that draws more attention to the weird sky. I wouldn't take the approach too far, but I can see it as an effective part of a collection or portfolio.

-Dave-

OnlyNorth

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 01:43:04 pm »

This road,with a single lane on each direction,links three towns:Titu-with a Renault Research Center,Gaesti-where refrigerators are made and Pitesti-with petrochemical and nuclear industry and a Renault car factory.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »

I like the photo as is. It's out-of-kilter but IMO in a way that draws more attention to the weird sky. I wouldn't take the approach too far, but I can see it as an effective part of a collection or portfolio.

-Dave-
Thank You.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:11 pm »

Coming from the Bucharest,after 40 miles,in the center of Gaesti,a road,to the right,goes,after 5 miles,directly into the history.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 03:37:40 am »

No parking,no visitors,so I parked my car on a pasture without animals.In one word...nobody!

OnlyNorth

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 01:34:03 pm »

I avoided the main entrance,looking for another one.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 09:12:35 am »

This monument was built in 1572 by a stolnic of Alexandru(Alexander) the 2nd Mircea voivode of Wallachia.Stolnic was a boyar(an arisocrat) in charge at the table of the ruler-a kind of stewart or senechal
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:35:25 am by OnlyNorth »

OnlyNorth

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

Being in charge at voevode's table a stolnic was a reliable and powerful person in Wallachia but not out of border.His luck was Ecaterina Salvarezzo,voevode's wife.Using her Italian connection she brought mason masters and coloured enameled bricks to cover entire structure.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 02:59:18 am »

The coloured bricks came from Italy in the carts pulled by oxen! ...Nowadays a small factory would be built,under license, in the vicinity.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 03:00:47 am »

In 1863 the govern of Romanian United Principalities confiscated monasteries' properties and Greek monks, who administrated them, left the country.Many monasteries began to be administrated by Romanian monks and nuns but this one did not,becoming the village church.The degradation began.

OnlyNorth

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:47 am »

Short time after that, the surrounding walls and monks' cells begun to disappear.It seems, that in 20th century, the importance of this monument was understood, some restorations being done.
When I got in, I used an unusual entrance, then I decided to get out on the same place as believers,that being and the normal entrance.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:13:39 pm by OnlyNorth »

OnlyNorth

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 02:28:11 am »

Why this monastery was built  here at 16 miles from Targoviste,the chief town of Wallachia (Bucharest was a summer residence only).Some say that word "cobia" comes from "coben" an  Old Slavonic word which means accursed,wiked place.That could have been the reason for a monastery.Now, in 21th century the priest of the village tries to transform his church in a monastery again.
I left this place, with its past and future,returning to the real world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up