Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightning Triggers  (Read 638 times)

Del

Lightning Triggers
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:13:15 pm »

Years ago, Michael wrote about a Lightning Trigger for capturing shots of such.  I know much has changed since then and I'm looking for suggestions for preferably based upon personal experience.  I see a number of them at various price points, some seem to be simply rebranded items from OEM's etc.  Any advice is appreciated.  The monsoons are here and I'd like to photograph them coming up the valley.

Thanks in advance.
Del

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Re: Lightning Triggers
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

Please post in the appropriate thread: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?board=3.0

Also RE: Ive heard triggers work best in low light. Long Exposures work. Use your time lapse function and set 8 second LE exposures. The benefit of this is that obviously you can also make a cool time lapse video later if your camera doesn't get blown around too much. The other thing you can do is use a remote trigger. Keep the shutter open until lightning goes off then close the shutter.

Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Del

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:03:54 pm »

Thanks, but why is this the wrong forum. It is a question about both "Equipment and Techniques" and "Landscape and Nature Photography".
Del

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:06:34 pm »

Thanks, but why is this the wrong forum. It is a question about both "Equipment and Techniques" and "Landscape and Nature Photography".

Because you aren't posting a picture of "Landscape or Nature Photography" you're posting a question about "Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear" and therefor it's better suited for the "Shooting Gear" section where people usually talk about things like lightning triggers, and star trackers and the such.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up