Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kudos to Lowepro  (Read 908 times)

Rory

• Recent images
Kudos to Lowepro
« on: June 26, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

I purchased a Lowepro Flipside pack 5 years ago in Boulder, Colorado, while on vacation in the USA, at a great camera store - Mike's Cameras.  Recently the outer pocket zipper started to part from the fabric.  I checked the Lowepro website, and as a Canadian, was directed to a Canadian affiliate, where it clearly said only purchases made in Canada were eligible for warranty.  I sent them an email explaining the circumstances and I received an immediate reply with a form to fill out showing proof of purchase and some personal info.  They would supply an RMA and I could mail the damaged pack to their center in Ontario, and if a technician determined it was not normal wear and tear then they would replace the pack.

I was a little concerned by what constituted normal wear and tear, so I replied with a photo showing the zipper damage and a query as to whether this would be considered normal wear and tear.  Again, I received an answer immediately saying a new pack was in the mail and please dispose of the damaged pack.  I received the new pack one week later.

This is my 5th Lowepro product and the first where I have had a problem.  I cannot speak highly enough for the way I was treated.  Thank you Lowepro.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Kudos to Lowepro
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:51:29 am »

Always nice to hear stories like this. I like my Lowepro pack too.
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up