Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: First two lenses for the H6D  (Read 6655 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
Re: First two lenses for the H6D
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:16:14 am »

Equivalent relative to what?  :)

Relative to a full frame 35mm camera, if that's your question, you wold multiply times 0.8 for the 50mp and times 0.63 for the 100mp back. 

Relative to full digital 645 it's 50mm on the 100mp and 1.3 times that on the 50mp.

Personally I'd take the 100mp back.  Oh wait you a sled which lens - that depends on whether you want a wide angle lens or something slightly longer than a standard lens.
yes I plan on taking the 100 back but Hasselblad don't have any right now so I will upgrade to the 100 once it comes out.
So if I got the 50mm lens that would look like a 40mm FL is that correct or am I barking up the wrong tree

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 09:22:56 am »

yes I plan on taking the 100 back but Hasselblad don't have any right now so I will upgrade to the 100 once it comes out.
So if I got the 50mm lens that would look like a 40mm FL is that correct or am I barking up the wrong tree
On the 100mp back, the multiplication factor relative to 35mm full frame is 0.63 so 50 x 0.63 = 31.5mm
On the 50mp back which has a smaller image area, it is 50 x .8 = 40mm equivalent

These are rough because it's on the diagonal and since the aspect ratios are different it isn't exact but from an angle of view standpoint, which is measured diagonally, that's the equivalency.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 09:27:59 am »

The 50mm II is a fabulous lens. It is 70% of the time on my camera. Avoid the 35mm, not so good.

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 09:30:41 am »

The 50mm II is a fabulous lens. It is 70% of the time on my camera. Avoid the 35mm, not so good.
Wide enough for Switzerland landscape. I guess I could stitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcdeveau

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

For wide angles, if I were you I'd just get the 50mm II and stitch if you're purchasing.  I've never shot with it but all the reviews and anecdotal evidence on forum posts suggest that it's great.  It will work well on the 50c and the 100c you've got coming later. 

Digital Transitions did a 100mp 35mm test with the 35mm using a Hasselblad H5x and IQ3 100mp, which would probably approximate what performance you would expect to see on the H6D-100c you have on order. The 35mm didn't perform well compared the Phase One 35mm (which was recently redesigned and re-released as one of the first of their blue ring lenses).  Granted it's only a few pictures with one copy (and performance would be better on the cropped 50c vs the 100c), etc etc etc but the results match up with what others say about the lens.

As others have stated, the 24mm and 28mm HCD do not cover the full image circle of the H6D-100c and I haven't seen any test shots with either of these on the 100c.  They may very well be usable and produce great 70-90mp crops from the 100mp sensor, but I personally wouldn't want to buy into this combo if the 100c was my end goal until I see the 24mm and 28mm on the 100c in practice.  I'm very anxious to see how the HCD lenses perform myself on the 100c as I have the 28mm and 35-90mm already.  Purchasing either of these now for the 50c with the intent to use them on the H6D-100c may not be the best option.  If I were you and you wanted to do something other than stitch with the 50mm II, I'd look into maybe renting the 24mm or 28mm for use with the H6D-50c for your trip if you can. 

hubell

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »

For wide angles, if I were you I'd just get the 50mm II and stitch if you're purchasing.  I've never shot with it but all the reviews and anecdotal evidence on forum posts suggest that it's great.  It will work well on the 50c and the 100c you've got coming later. 

Digital Transitions did a 100mp 35mm test with the 35mm using a Hasselblad H5x and IQ3 100mp, which would probably approximate what performance you would expect to see on the H6D-100c you have on order. The 35mm didn't perform well compared the Phase One 35mm (which was recently redesigned and re-released as one of the first of their blue ring lenses).  Granted it's only a few pictures with one copy (and performance would be better on the cropped 50c vs the 100c), etc etc etc but the results match up with what others say about the lens.

Are you surprised that they picked the one relative dog in the HC line of lenses as a basis for comparison?

Joe Towner

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 02:50:24 pm »

50mm mk II and done

stitching is fine, I do it all the time.  Grab a Canon styled E3 cable release and maybe a generic L bracket - enjoy it, and expect some folks to ask questions :)
t: @PNWMF

tcdeveau

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 03:10:10 pm »

Are you surprised that they picked the one relative dog in the HC line of lenses as a basis for comparison?

Haha not at all, but lets not turn this thread into a "Phase vs. Hasselblad" thread or about the dealers as OP is interested in lenses for the H system.

I'd like to upgrade myself up to an H6D-100c from my H4D at some point, and would love to see Hasseblad come out with a 35mm II to address what I see as a weak link in their H-system lens lineup.  If they're announcing the 30mm XCD at Photokina, maybe we'll see some new wide options for the H6D-100c as well.  Stitching in the interim with the 50mm II should work fine.  I've been getting great results stitching with my A7R and 55mm to the point where I've skipped a wide angle for that system.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:15:33 pm by tcdeveau »

landscapephoto

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »

Wide enough for Switzerland landscape. I guess I could stitch?

You could also rent the 28 or 24mm in Switzerland.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up