Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sd card in macbook pro always need to insert twice before get reading  (Read 2881 times)

orc73

Hello

with any sd card I have I always need to stick them in, out again and in again before I get them to be read. Seems like the first time the macos does some auto eject.
Anybody has an idea where it could be coming from and how to solve that? I tried google several times, never found a post on that problem.

best regards

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images

Suggestion only. Insert the card and in the applications folder open the Image Capture.app and make sure it is set to "Do nothing" on the gear wheel down the bottom.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Joe Towner

Check the sliding lock tab - is it mid-way?  And as always reset pram https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
t: @PNWMF

Tim Lookingbill

Now if you mean getting the OS to read the card that the icon of the SD card never appears on the desktop after first inserting the card, I have on several occasions experienced the same on my 2010 Mac Mini/OS 10.6.8.

To get the icon to show up I just launch Disk Utility and the icon appears and I can double click it open to show the folder of images.

orc73

Re: sd card in macbook pro always need to insert twice before get reading
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 11:26:06 am »

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7338553?start=0&tstart=0

Problem still persists, and I'm not alone as the apple thread shows.
No vmware are well on my computer(same as the latest poster is metioning)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »

Hello

with any sd card I have I always need to stick them in, out again and in again before I get them to be read. Seems like the first time the macos does some auto eject.

Only twice? I envy you...

Peter

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 08:18:26 am »

I had the same issue but it was not always I had to reinject the card. Typically it was from my Canon where I reformat the SD card every time a go for a new shoot where on my Nikon I just delete the images (so no reformatting). I do seem to remember there were cases where also the Nikon SD card needed to be reinjected. I didn't do any furthere research into this as I just reinserted the card when it was not recognized. Anoying, yes. On the new MBP 2016 this problem has gone away :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up