Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bales  (Read 780 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Bales
« on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:12 am »

In the village of Longueira, SW Portugal.

Regards.

churly

Re: Bales
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »

I've come back to this one a couple of times but wanted to see it on a bog screen before commenting.  It might be worth trying a bit more contrast in the mid ground to give it some more depth.  Everything behind the front bale (which is so dominant) seems 2-D in comparison.  Just a thought.
best, Chuck
Chuck Hurich

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:00:52 am »

This one doesn't do it for me sir. I don't really find anything compelling and the darkness in the top right I also find distracting or just putting me off I suppose.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:32:57 am »

There's an awful lot of sky, and most of it is awfully flat and featureless as it stands. I suspect there's a bit of variation lurking in there somewhere, though, which might be brought out.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00:15 am »

I've spent quite a long time looking at this shot and I'm with Jeremy on the sky. I played a bit with Photoshop and think that you may get something better from this sky. You should really spend some time as the rest of the frame is worth it.
Francois

thierrylegros396

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 12:07:34 pm »

I've spent quite a long time looking at this shot and I'm with Jeremy on the sky. I played a bit with Photoshop and think that you may get something better from this sky. You should really spend some time as the rest of the frame is worth it.

+1

I've seen the shot on an old "TN screen" and I've seen that if you darken the sky, You'll have more structure.

Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up