Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pink strypes  (Read 2788 times)

orc73

pink strypes
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:33 am »

Hello

I get pink strypes during editing(whenever gpu has to calculate) and on the output files.

This only happens when my gpu is on auto. The gpu is and egpu attached by thunderbolt.
It works fine in Lightroom and adobe suite.

The gpu is a gt970 from Zotac. I run it in a bizon box.
Macbook pro latest 15" with amd gpu.

best regards

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: pink strypes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 04:20:50 am »

Hello

I get pink strypes during editing(whenever gpu has to calculate) and on the output files.

This only happens when my gpu is on auto. The gpu is and egpu attached by thunderbolt.

Hi,

Apparently a video/GPU driver issue. Wait/look for an updated video driver, and try again.

Lightroom only uses GPU acceleration in parts of the program, and apparently not very actively either (users reporting slower execution with GPU enabled). Photoshop may also use different parts of the acceleration capabilities. On one driver update is disabled acceleration, and after the next driver update I could use it again... .

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 05:17:50 am »

Hello

The gpu is a gt970 from Zotac. I run it in a bizon box.
Macbook pro latest 15" with amd gpu.

best regards

The Bizon Box (it was new to me - interesting read) is not a supported product. 

I did a little bit of reading and its not clear how well OS X supports external GPU's.

Suffice to say, I doubt its a reliable solution.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

orc73

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »

I understand it's not a supported solution and will not expect support anytime soon.

It would be the way to go. It turns your laptop into desktop power wise once you hit the office.

I can really see a huge performance increase.  Cpu performance is not improving over the last few years while.

Anyway looks like there are still issues for nvidia with opencl.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:12:19 am »

Don't feel bad, I have a "supported" solution, and C1 9.x has failed me dismally.  To be honest possibly the worst issue I have had with any software in over 20 years. 

Last night along in a attempt to process out just 5 files, it took over 25 attempts.  Same old error. 

Originally I was also told "you have a unsupported platform", so I made the switch to a GTX970, which is support as it all of the other of my equipment and the error I am getting when trying to process out a file has continued.  Obviously a something that was done by the developers in creation of 9.x as I have never had this error on any previous version of C1. 

To process, I have to run a script provided by Phase (which I do appreciate) which totally disables open CL from C1.  I still use open CL for working on files as if you don't the loss in speed is terrible, especially in drawing masks, and layers.  So when I am working on files, I have to run the same script to enable open CL.

Not the way I prefer to work, but it has become the standard for me now with C1 as this error has gone on for months.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 07:30:14 am »

Paul2660 if you are using Windows, uninstall the current GPU driver with DDU(allow it to boot into safe mode)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
and install/reinstall the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 08:52:23 am »

Thanks. I will try this today.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

orc73

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 10:53:26 pm »

Still in 9.2.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 11:30:20 pm »

Paul2660 if you are using Windows, uninstall the current GPU driver with DDU(allow it to boot into safe mode)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
and install/reinstall the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Hi,

Did try this, the DDU app did find some driver confusion both GTX960 and 970, so went through entire process, removing all drivers in safe mode, came back up with windows low end driver and downloaded from nvidia the latest GTX970 driver.

Really no difference for me. 

I have to say that for me, on 2 different Asus boards, both with the GTX970 4GB card, currently open CL has a quite a few bugs and I guess these will not be fixed period.   Finding some new issues and I still get the "error when processing a file" problem, (which is the single biggest issue for me currently). 

But thanks for the tip, neat tool, IT works well, and the steps are clear on how to work it.  I feel quite strongly that my environment is clean and running the latest drivers with no confusion to older registry entries, etc. 

Sad that this has happened after all these years, I go back to 3.7.8, but the issues keep getting worse for me with each new release.  BTW none of this occurred in 8.x and I would go back to it, expect for the fact it won't work with the IQ100 or Pentax K1 files. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »

Glad to help, looks like the problem is in C1...
No crashes here AMD R9 280x, but got some artifacts(little points) in the display
and not in the final result, there is a new GPU driver I have to test...

orc73

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 06:01:54 am »

the pink strypes are gone in the latest update of c1
Pages: [1]   Go Up