Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Bridge User Survey  (Read 4912 times)

MBehrens

Adobe Bridge User Survey
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:50:46 pm »

I received this survey from the SEAPUG and it went out to the entire mailing list, so I suppose it is OK to share here. More input isn't a bad thing...

Garrett Hoffman Hello, I’m a product management intern at Adobe on the Adobe Bridge team here in the Seattle office. We’re updating Adobe Bridge, and we want to know how we can make it better for photographers, many of whom are Photoshop users. We have a quick, 10-question survey regarding how Photoshop users and photographers organize their photos before editing them in Photoshop. From the survey responses, we’ll choose several to participate in a phone or in-person interview where we’ll ask them to explain their workflows.

Thank you,

The link to the survey is here: https://creativecloud.typeform.com/to/ZaXRuV

sniper

Re: Adobe Bridge User Survey
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:32 am »

I've hardly used bridge in years, to be honest Lightroom and Photoshop do all I need.

stingray

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:58:41 am »

I never use Bridge. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:38:58 am »

I never use Bridge.
Me too, dislike it quite a bit, prefer LR.  8)
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MBehrens

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 11:03:59 am »

Yeah, I never do either. Thought it was interesting that they are reworking it and looking for input. Maybe it would have been better to post in the ACR Forum, but I don't spend any time over there either..

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 12:03:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure I haven't touched Bridge in years.  I was pretty surprised what the latest version looked like when my wife showed it to me on her Mac.
Regards,
Ron

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 11:24:57 pm »

...We have a quick, 10-question survey regarding how Photoshop users and photographers organize their photos before editing them in Photoshop.

Wonder what gives them idea photographers use Bridge? From the responses in this thread and since it's well known LR was specifically designed for photographers, why would they go to the trouble to survey a very small group of Bridge users? What type of photographer would use Bridge besides myself, anyway?

I don't have a CC subscription so I'm not interested in doing the survey.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »

Since this is the "Lightroom" sub-forum, it might not be the best place to conduct such survey.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 05:12:13 am »

Wonder what gives them idea photographers use Bridge? From the responses in this thread and since it's well known LR was specifically designed for photographers, why would they go to the trouble to survey a very small group of Bridge users? What type of photographer would use Bridge besides myself, anyway?

Photographers who also create work that isn't photographs? Photographers who've continued to use Bridge alone, or alongside Lightroom? It's a valid interest. Without asking such questions, how can Adobe know how much effort should go into developing Bridge for photographers relative to users of Adobe's non-photo products?

graeme

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:49:56 am »

Photographers who also create work that isn't photographs? Photographers who've continued to use Bridge alone, or alongside Lightroom? It's a valid interest. Without asking such questions, how can Adobe know how much effort should go into developing Bridge for photographers relative to users of Adobe's non-photo products?

Yes, I still occasionally use Bridge for projects that include vector artwork files. It's still a useful tool - I'll have Bridge open on one screen showing all the files in a project & the file I'm working on on my main screen.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 06:06:55 am »

Yes, I still occasionally use Bridge for projects that include vector artwork files. It's still a useful tool - I'll have Bridge open on one screen showing all the files in a project & the file I'm working on on my main screen.

It was a shame (defect) that the survey didn't give one a chance to say that one uses Bridge, but not as a photographer. Who wears one hat anyway?

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:11 am »

While filling out the survey, I got the impression that Adobe is toying with with the idea of an honest to goodness DAM.
Seeing as how Media Pro and Photo Supreme aren't quite up to speed (IMHO), this can be great!
Camera Bits is still promising a DAM solution, but hasn't delivered. Adobe has the re$ources to actually pull it off.
Its just a dream, but its my dream.

rdonson

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:15 am »

Wonder what gives them idea photographers use Bridge?

While I don't use Bridge my wife uses Bridge extensively.  She's a photographer but also does digital work in the vein of Maggie Taylor and Jerry Uelsmann.  Bridge is VERY useful for her as she uses a lot of images, textures, stock, etc. to create her  composites.

I also have some photographer friends who just can't seem to wrap their heads around Lightroom and use Bridge because a file browser is something that makes sense to them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:46:39 am by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

graeme

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:35 am »

It was a shame (defect) that the survey didn't give one a chance to say that one uses Bridge, but not as a photographer. Who wears one hat anyway?

Absolutely

LMBSGV

• Laurence Brauer
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »

As a semi-professional (I don't earn my living from my photos, but exhibit and sell) who uses a Leica M, when I clicked on "None of the these" on the first question, the survey went to "100% complete" and "submit." So if you use an M or other mirrorless camera, Adobe is not interested in your feedback even if you use Lightroom and Photoshop? By the way, I also have never used Bridge. 

dwswager

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

I received this survey from the SEAPUG and it went out to the entire mailing list, so I suppose it is OK to share here. More input isn't a bad thing...

Garrett Hoffman Hello, I’m a product management intern at Adobe on the Adobe Bridge team here in the Seattle office. We’re updating Adobe Bridge, and we want to know how we can make it better for photographers, many of whom are Photoshop users. We have a quick, 10-question survey regarding how Photoshop users and photographers organize their photos before editing them in Photoshop. From the survey responses, we’ll choose several to participate in a phone or in-person interview where we’ll ask them to explain their workflows.

Thank you,

The link to the survey is here: https://creativecloud.typeform.com/to/ZaXRuV

Took the survey.  Use both Bridge and Lightroom.  There are just some tasks easier and quicker in Br and some tasks easier and quicker in Lr.  There are somethings Br can do that Lr can't and certainly the other way around.

More people would use Bridge if had been developed on pace with both Ps and Lr.  For example, I have 4K screens on both Desktop and Laptop and Br does not have interface scaling, nor did Adobe program it to correctly report that to the OS.  I use Windows so had to for Windows to prefer the manifest file over the program settings.  While the interface scales, so does the image window which kinda defeats the point of a 4K screen.  Oddly enough the ACR in Bridge also does not scale correctly, but the ACR in Photoshop (functionally equivalent) does work correctly.

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »

I used to use Bridge quite a bit in my workflow but quit using it a few years ago when it stopped supporting javascript extendscript UI.  For 4 years any script that uses dropdowns, dialogs with scroll bars, treeview do not work properly, if at all.  Adobe has failed to acknowledge or fix this to this day.  As they have made it clear that they do not support javascript automation the product is pretty useless for my needs.  They did correct this javascript behavior in Photoshop.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

paulbk

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 08:00:43 pm »

I do not use Bridge.
Use BreezeBrowser Pro as photo file manager.
Use Downloader Pro to read camera card and copy to HD (renames photo files and creates custom named/dated folder and subfolders)
Usually import to Lightroom to get the files in the catalog.
Use DPP 4 for capture tweaks and RAW convert.
Use Photoshop for final post work.

Tried Photo Mechanic, no go. It's more complex than I need. Quirky interface.
I've use Breeze Systems products forever.
paul b.k.
New England, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up