Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can not change password.  (Read 1458 times)

Gilgamesh

Can not change password.
« on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:51 am »

I have finally re gained access to the site, via another device, after dozens of failed attempts but even now, Within the site I can not change my password nor on some parts of the site, will it even recognise me.

I can post, here's hoping, but what do I need to do as nowhere can I find a Setting which allows me to change my password that recognises my account either using my password or my email account?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Can not change password.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:00 am »

2 things.  I'll forward this off to support.  There is also a help button on the bottom right of the screen that can help and you can send a request right to the IT team.  They'll have this fixed for you right away.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
After a struggle, found it. Re: Can not change password.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »

As of 2018, it is either exceedingly difficult or impossible to change your password. I have looked twice carefully through all the pages in account settings and there seems to be no option to change your password.  The help button gave information about creating a login but nothing about changing the password at this site.

Update:  It turns out it is in the "exceedingly difficult" option.  One would expect that when logging into the forums there would be the necessary facilities there, but there are not. Nor is there any hint that you have to go to the site home and click the Account button there.  I was only able to find that because I did not give up and continued making multiple searches in the forums.  Finally I searched for "reset password" in quotes and found one of the hits said something vague that made me try checking the site home page (not forum home page).  That worked.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:06:11 pm by Monito »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Can not change password.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »

When logged in on the main site, you will see your name upper right. Hover over it and you will see the Change password option. Click on that and the dialog should show up.

By way of  an explanation, the forum and main site use two separate databases. The Forum software predates the main site by about fifteen years and the two do not co-habit easily....
On registration, the main site will check the username on the Forum and disallow duplicates. It will also record that new registration within the forum software. But duplicates and conflicting passwords can easily appear from older forum registrations. It is always best to get CustomerService to 'blend' different registrations into a single one. Confusing it can be.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:12:54 pm by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up