Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R3880 ABW Mystery !  (Read 2939 times)

IanBarber

• Ian Barber Photography
Epson R3880 ABW Mystery !
« on: June 18, 2016, 05:47:22 am »

When sending a Neutral processed image from Photoshop and printing it through the ABW driver, I am seeing a warm tone applied to it, its not heavy but is there.

When i send the same image only this time letting Photoshop manage the colors and applying the paper profile, the image looks a lot more Neutral.

Any suggestions as to how this can be ?

RHPS

Re: Epson R3880 ABW Mystery !
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »

Are  you using Epson ink? In my experience any third-party ink will give results that are not neutral when the ABW sliders are at zero.

IanBarber

• Ian Barber Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:03:27 pm »

Are  you using Epson ink? In my experience any third-party ink will give results that are not neutral when the ABW sliders are at zero.

Funny you should mention that because I did have Non OEM (Jon Cone) inks in. I have now thrown them away and installed Epson ones.

Which ABW sliders are you referring to

RHPS

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:28:43 am »

Sorry - careless with my terminology. What I meant was that with the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" settings at zero you will only get a neutral print with Epson ink. I was forgetting that there are actual "sliders" because I never use them!

IanBarber

• Ian Barber Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:52:52 am »

Ah... i understand now what your referring to.

I have replaced all inks with genuine ones, just need to flush out the old ink from the delivery tubes  and then see how we get on
Pages: [1]   Go Up