Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ArtZ and Crane  (Read 4421 times)

sgwrx

ArtZ and Crane
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:30 pm »

ArtZ has two digital book kits that are going to be switched to Crane & Co. Museo II paper in the next few weeks.  The digital coffee table book and the digital zbook.

theophilus

ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:23:49 pm »

very cool, have you used their products before?

thompsonkirk

• http://www.red-green-blue.com
ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:39:54 pm »

Bu what/where is Artz?  www.artz.com won't open on my Safari browser.

dlashier

• http://www.lashier.com/
ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »

Bu what/where is Artz?  www.artz.com won't open on my Safari browser.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67214\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Won't open here either although www.artzproducts.com does, but fair warning - it's a crappy flash site.

- DL

sgwrx

ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 08:39:18 pm »

i recently got some different weight museo II and museo samples. i like it, in my limited experience.

the museo II has TWO different textures one on each side. i'm not sure how that's going to work for the book thing, personally i'd be happy with smooth finish on both sides for consistency - save printing only one image per page.

anyway, the textured velina i think they call it, was not to my liking. at least not at 8x10 size. the smooth finish OTOH was very much to my liking. i happened to get a shot of my niece taken by my sister-in-law and it is just great printed on the smooth side.

the only other experience i have is epson velvet fine art which is very good and nice and white with brighteners. and epson luster.

actually i tested some pictorico (how do you say that?) white film gloss and wow is that striking. talk about your glossy pinup paper. funny, MR has an old review on how it discolored quite a bit after a short period of time, but that was with dye inks i think. since this is all polyester i think it would have good paper longevity, and i'd guess the epson K3 inks would be good on it too?

sgwrx

ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:40:01 pm »

Won't open here either although www.artzproducts.com does, but fair warning - it's a crappy flash site.

- DL
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yup that's it. and it's very tiny text in that flash site so zoom in

paperman

• http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk
ArtZ and Crane
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:35:58 pm »

- DL
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think they may have impressed themselves with this site, but all the flashiness slows the whole thing down. A web designers dream maybe but a users nightmare
Pages: [1]   Go Up