Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca M-Line 2; Is It Yaw Free  (Read 6144 times)

landscapephoto

Re: Arca M-Line 2; Is It Yaw Free
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 02:03:12 pm »

The interception of two planes where one is the lens's front focal plane and the other a plane through the center of the lens, is always a line that passes through the lens entrance pupil...  It is clearly shown on all figures.

EDIT: Additionally, on figures 5 & 7 one can see what the result would be if the lens plane and the lens's front focal plane are the same plane (which then means that all rotations are made through an axis that passes through the entrance pupil)... in this case not only the system Satisfies Scheimpflug's law, but it stays distortionless too... (which in cases where the subject is close is precious...).

May I suggest you read my previous message again? And please read the definition of "cardinal points" as well.

Theodoros

Re: Arca M-Line 2; Is It Yaw Free
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 07:30:18 pm »

May I suggest you read my previous message again? And please read the definition of "cardinal points" as well.

What makes you think  that I reply to messages that I haven't read, or that I don't know what "cardinal points" are, or that "cardinal points" suggest that on a view camera the lens shouldn't  swing or tilt by its entrance pupil as me and Chris (Barret) suggests?  May I ask what you find wrong on the fact that a lens should swing and tilt by its entrance pupil instead? ...I ask this because you never suggested what is wrong on what me or Chris is suggesting, yet you continue to argue on a part of the subject that although is not the whole principal behind the operation (but only a part) it's not violated if the lens swings and tilts by its entrace pupil... Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:01:52 pm by Theodoros »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up