Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 days in Switzerland and Northern Italy  (Read 9227 times)

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: 10 days in Switzerland and Northern Italy
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:06:44 am »

I agree.

P.S. The Stelvio isn't only  a crowded place. It is also an important historic road, a masterpiece of the road engineering of the early XIX century. (And the view of the Ortler is magnificent in any case)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:16:16 am by muntanela »

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Re: 10 days in Switzerland and Northern Italy
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 07:30:57 am »

Guys

I am planning a 10 day photo trip by car in Switzerland and Northern Italy starting in Zurich and finishing in Geneva. This will be my first time in Switzerland, so any tips about driving on the funny side of the road and must see places would be much appreciated.

I'm planning on arriving in Zurich on the 10th July and leaving Geneva on the 20th

Up to now I haven't booked any hotels, and I'm thinking around $200 a night for a budget

Thanks in advance for your recommendations

Neil

I would recommend to not spread yourself too thin and go to too many locations. I have done photo workshops in the Dolomites June and October since 2010 and now 16 workshops. So clearly I'm in favour of the Dolomites. You can browse my Dolomites pictures where a lot fo the them have names of where they are shot so if you like to search for the locations you can find many of them. Dramatic weather is my favourite and some sun is needed for the best experiences and you can only hope for that, of course. This June was very dramatic weather but mornings were mostly great. beginning of July is fine as tourists have not yet really come. August should be avoided. Remember both wide and long lenses. A lot of patience as well as it takes a lot of time to move around the mountains. The advice on taking the cable cars: Yes, is useful if you have lots of clouds, but they run typically from mornings at about 8 or 9 and then close again at 17:00. So therefore you will not get a sunrise od sunset unless you walk down again or up. You can in some locations stay in a refugio during the night. I did this myself at http://www.rifugiolagazuoi.com and this was a really nice experience. There are also other locations. You need to book in advance in many locations at that time of year. Good luck!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up