Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase one h25  (Read 11535 times)

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
Re: Phase one h25
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 02:38:10 am »

Thank for your input. As far as I know it cannot be tethered to the newer powerbooks. Moreover: yosemite doesn't support firewire drivers. Therefore minecworks on anolder type powerbook with capture one version 8.
still life fine art photographer www.charlesniel.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

Thank for your input. As far as I know it cannot be tethered to the newer powerbooks. Moreover: yosemite doesn't support firewire drivers. Therefore minecworks on anolder type powerbook with capture one version 8.

Work with your dealer on such tech questions as there is a lot of misunderstands and confusion about such topics.

You can use a brand new macbookpro and OS X 10.11 with an h25 using a thunderbolt adapter and a powered hub, including powered by battery.

Miyata610

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 08:08:58 pm »

Work with your dealer on such tech questions as there is a lot of misunderstands and confusion about such topics.

You can use a brand new macbookpro and OS X 10.11 with an h25 using a thunderbolt adapter and a powered hub, including powered by battery.

I am doing exactly that. Except I power the hub using a dc-dc converter connected to one of my macbook's USB ports. So the whole setup remains portable.

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 02:36:58 am »

You are wright, I was wrong. The reason not to switch to Yosemite was not the issue about firewire but about a ratoc scsi to firewire adapter: the driver is not supported in Yosemite. I use it for my betterlight scanner back and don't want to lose this option.

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 04:00:08 am »

this is one of the first shots with the H25 that I took with the aim at the resulting picture instead of just trying it out. Shot with the H25 attached at my hasselblad swc three days ago in Sweden. I love the combination, even with the macbook along. My eyes aren't that good anymore to use a small LCD screen, so in the end I am glad to work tethered!

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 05:04:02 am »

Sweet image!

For a while now I have been thinking to "replace" the H/P25 with a SonyA7R2 on a view cam, but I just haven't had the need so much. Sure at the same time it will be a much more portable camera for other things, but...I don't know if it can replace it (using the same 120, 180, 300 Rod and Schneider lenses).
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 05:03:31 am »

thank You for the compliment. I wouldn't use the sony with analogue glass: it is just not made for it and in my limited experience You will regret loosing the digital back. In the past I tried some aps-c sensor camera's with analogue glass: it just doesn't work for me. Issues of color shift, non optimal sharpness etc. The only one that remained is the old fuji X1-pro with a heliar 15mm on it. At some time it will get a fuji zoom too. But first getting used to the possibilities I now have.

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

Getting a feeling now on the H25 and I really like it. When using it for panoramas with stitching: would a grandagon 75mm 4.5 be any good or only the digital- dedicated lenses?

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 08:18:41 pm »

havent used the 75. But haveused the Mamiya lenses and they are nice. 140, 37, 65 are really nice.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Pablovi

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »

Hello, I'm new here and I'm from Mexico City.

I was lurking the street downtown where they sell old photographic equipment, and found a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II with this back, and 4 lenses, 50mm, 65mm, 110mm and 140mm macro. They're pretty much giving it away, about $750 USD for all, it even has the metered finder and an extension for the macro.

But they don't know how to use it, they can't even show that it works, so they're giving it away.

My reason for posting this is if I can find out what they're missing, and can make it work, so I can either buy it myself, altough I already own a RZ 67 Pro II for film. Or make them sell it better.

They have one cable that goes from the adapter plate to a Mamiya port, the one in the front left of the camera, I'm guessing they need another cable from the shutter on the lens to the adapter plate? That would be a PC sync cable to Pc sync?

And for power and tethering? It has a FW 400 output, but they have new PowerBook or a new iMac, is there a way to make it work with them? What would they need?

Thanks in advanced for any response. 

PS: sorry, one more thing... I believe that the camera cannot be used now with film right? I found no way of detaching the adapter plate in the back.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:04:26 pm by Pablovi »

photoenthusiasm

• www.charlesniel.com
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 04:08:37 am »

even without knowing if it works the price is very low. As to your questions: the phase one adapterplate is detachable. I use a pc to pc synch cable. For the fierwirde you can use the thunderbolt adapter from apple. So in the end the only two investments are less then $50, no software or whatsever problems. As a bonus: you can use capture one (even the latest versions) for free when you download it for use with a digital back. In conclusion: go for it..........

Pablovi

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 04:51:00 am »

even without knowing if it works the price is very low. As to your questions: the phase one adapterplate is detachable. I use a pc to pc synch cable. For the fierwirde you can use the thunderbolt adapter from apple. So in the end the only two investments are less then $50, no software or whatsever problems. As a bonus: you can use capture one (even the latest versions) for free when you download it for use with a digital back. In conclusion: go for it..........

Thanks! Well, I'm gonna test it, but I'm going away on business this weekend, so it has to be in about 10 days.

I read from phase one, that you cannot longer use an RZ67 Pro II that has been converted to take that adapter plate, with film.

I guess that you use this lever to detach it? I tried that, but it's very hard, I didn't wanted to force it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up