Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advertising photography - Loading and usage fee structures  (Read 2581 times)

Shanghai_Phil

• Philippe Roy
Advertising photography - Loading and usage fee structures
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »

Hi everyone, my first post here. A good friend recommended this forum so here I am!

I have tried to google and search this forum but I don't seem to find what I am looking for. Are there good resources for loading and usage rights fees anywhere?

I have been working as a commercial photographer for over 2 decades, but mostly in developing countries. And China is slowly (but surely) getting more and more into the international standards for usage rights. Though more and more agencies are asking about loading and usage fees... and I'm not exactly sure what loading refers to or how it is charged in quotes. Most articles I find online deal directly with usage (which we are fairly familiar with) but I haven't found any addressing "loading" and the separation between the two.

Thanks a lot for the help and I hope to be of help to others!   
Montreal Commercial photographer based in Shanghai (China)
www.philippe-roy.com

Shanghai_Phil

• Philippe Roy
Re: Advertising photography - Loading and usage fee structures
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:41:58 pm »

...or is the "loading fee" what the Association of Photographers calling the Basic Usage Rate (BUR)? In which case that would make a lot more sense to me!
Montreal Commercial photographer based in Shanghai (China)
www.philippe-roy.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up