Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 rear feader not loading paper... it worked fine until...  (Read 1361 times)

DavidPalermo

My 3800 has been working just fine with these settings:  (platen gap = standard, paper size check set to OFF).

Yesterday I tried printing and thought everything was fine as I heard it start printing...  I did not realize at the time that the paper did not feed properly and the printer kept printing only it was not printing on the paper!  So needless to say there is some ink inside the printer.  About 2 mins worth...  I am not sure how to clean that out or if cleaning it out will affect how the paper loads from the rear feeder.

Now when I place paper in the rear feeder nothing happens at all.  The printer doesn't even try to grab it.  I noticed my yellow ink is "low" but I don't remember "low" meaning to replace it or that paper won't load until it is replaced so I think it's a different problem.  I have tried cleaning the heads but that didn't work either.  I also tried Epson's own Hot Press Natural and it won't load either.

Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks!

David

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson 3800 rear feader not loading paper... it worked fine until...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 03:39:45 pm »

Sounds like a mechanical problem. It's a Pro printer so you have free telephone access to Epson America's ProGraphics support, if you live in North America. Give them a call, or your local Epson support line if you are not on this continent.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:30:00 am »

I have had similar problems to the point of always checking that the paper is feeding after each sweep and lifting the lid on the head to actually see it printing at the start.
It really helps to use a D roller or similar to curve it the other way. I also increase the platen gap.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

DavidPalermo

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:09 pm »

Thanks everyone.  Well, I worked with the printer and tried a few things...  like jamming a piece of thick paper in and printing on it...  that seemed to have done the trick!  I think a sensor or something must have been covered with ink perhaps and was not sensing the paper... or something!  All I know is that it works fine now... weird.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up