Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what app should I use to open .mrf  (Read 1471 times)

Lundberg02

what app should I use to open .mrf
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:46:07 am »

I have some reference files from X-Rite I believe that are IT8 related and are UNIX .mrf format. Not sure what to do with them. My Mac tells me to search the App Store but when I click on that it says can'y be opened because from unidentified developer.

TonyW

Re: what app should I use to open .mrf
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:20:23 am »

I believe these files are only of use with the original Monaco EZcolor application AFAIK they are not images but just data that only this application understands

howardm

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:38:08 am »

Unix doesn't know or care about any such '.mrf' formatted file so you can probably just open it in a standard editor (or use something like 'more', 'less', 'cat').  I think you'll just see some structured data that has the XYZ or LAB information for some IT8 targt you got/bought for Monaco.  At the end of the day, probably pretty useless now.

very first google hit:

+What is a "*.mrf" File and How do I Open Them?

Q: I cannot open the target reference file: "*.mrf " files. What application do I use to open these files?

A: The MonacoEZcolor application uses "*.mrf " reference files, but they do not open like a word processor document or an image. When using MonacoEZcolor, you will be prompted to load the reference file for the IT8 target you received in the package. This is the only place you'll need to use the file.

Lundberg02

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:17:52 pm »

Thanks guys, going to trash them now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up