Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 and Ethernet Connection  (Read 999 times)

hubell

Epson 9900 and Ethernet Connection
« on: June 08, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »

I have my Mac Pro connected to an Epson 9900 through an ethernet connection that ties into a whole house ethernet connection that uses a router and a switch. I have been having a problem with larger files (30"x36" prints at 300 dpi) spooling and printing. The file seems to spool up and it starts to print....very hesitatingly. Then, the printer stops and an Error Message appears: Error Code 32 Unable to Print. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this? No problem with smaller files.
Thanks.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Epson 9900 and Ethernet Connection
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 01:42:52 pm »

Are you using the bonjour or tcp-ip option when setting up the printer in the preference pane?

hubell

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »

Are you using the bonjour or tcp-ip option when setting up the printer in the preference pane?

TCP/IP.

JohnHeerema

• Dr. John Heerema
    • http://www.heerema.ca
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:04 pm »

I've encountered similar issues in the past, and traced them to a flaky Ethernet switch.
Although the Ethernet traffic was generally OK, this was because most devices that use TCP/IP communication will retry packets that don't get acknowledged. Unfortunately, Epson seems not to have implemented this functionality, so dropped packets just kill the connection.

If you wanted to debug this, you could connect with an Ethernet crossover cable, and see if your files print correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up