Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Mamiya RZ & Fuji GX-680 share the same elec. leaf shutter control protocol?  (Read 997 times)

Theodoros

Since both share (electronic) Seiko 1 shutter, if one has the protocol as to control one shutter (say the Fuji), then the same interface can be used to control the other (the Mamiya)... isn't it?  I mean the CPU pin wiring and mount (for lenses that have suffered no body conversion) will be different, but an external PC board that controls the shutter for one lens, should be able to control the other too... no?

Additionally... Has anybody ever compared the GX-680 & RZ 67 line of lenses for image circle and image quality for respective focal lengths? Any info on the subject would be of great help. Thanks...

bpepz

Since both share (electronic) Seiko 1 shutter, if one has the protocol as to control one shutter (say the Fuji), then the same interface can be used to control the other (the Mamiya)... isn't it?  I mean the CPU pin wiring and mount (for lenses that have suffered no body conversion) will be different, but an external PC board that controls the shutter for one lens, should be able to control the other too... no?

Additionally... Has anybody ever compared the GX-680 & RZ 67 line of lenses for image circle and image quality for respective focal lengths? Any info on the subject would be of great help. Thanks...

I have not done a scientific test but the image circles on the fuji glass seems to be MUCH larger on average. However, certain RZ/RB lenses like the 180mm have an insanely large image circle.

As far as image quality.... the rz/rb lenses are generally much sharper wide open, even at close distances, and are particularly good at close distances if your using the floating element 50mm, 65mm, and 140mm.

HOWEVER..... Fuji lenses offer a VASTLY superior rendering all around. Colors are better, bokeh is better, contrast is better. Super 3D feel to the images. I shoot a lot of food photography, and the fuji glass is awesome. However, I just wish the close up performance was as good as the RZ/RB glass. 

Theodoros

I have not done a scientific test but the image circles on the fuji glass seems to be MUCH larger on average. However, certain RZ/RB lenses like the 180mm have an insanely large image circle.

As far as image quality.... the rz/rb lenses are generally much sharper wide open, even at close distances, and are particularly good at close distances if your using the floating element 50mm, 65mm, and 140mm.

HOWEVER..... Fuji lenses offer a VASTLY superior rendering all around. Colors are better, bokeh is better, contrast is better. Super 3D feel to the images. I shoot a lot of food photography, and the fuji glass is awesome. However, I just wish the close up performance was as good as the RZ/RB glass.

Thanks, very useful indeed as I suspected this is the case and I plan to use (among other lenses) a combination of Fuji (which I have) and Mamyia (which I don't have) on my (highly converted Sinar P2) view camera with Sony a7II mirrorless and MFDBs...

However, the system must have electronic control of the lens leaf shutter so that it is compatible with my (both with multishot ability) MFDBs... So the first part of the question is crucial too, has anybody checked if the Fuji leaf shutter interface can be activated by the Mamiya RZ camera and vise versa? (ie the RZ lens leaf shutter activated by a GX-680 camera) It would be of most help to me to know this out of somebody that have checked it. 

I only guess that since both series of lenses share the same electronic shutters (seiko NO1), the control of them out of either camera should be compatible with both... no?
Pages: [1]   Go Up