Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper thickness setting too high?  (Read 891 times)

kjkahn

Paper thickness setting too high?
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:35:49 am »

Like others with the Epson R3000, I have had smears and head-strikes with some thick papers. I have reduced the incidence of such problems by using additional support in the output tray to keep the paper as flat as possible exiting the printer. I tried to make a print on a sheet of Canson Platine from a sample pack. I used the manual feed tray (front). To be safe (I thought), I set the platen to wide and the paper thickness to .6. Two areas of the print, shown in the attached crops, have what looks like ink spray. Is this do to the paper thickness set too high? The rest of the pint is clean.

howardm

Re: Paper thickness setting too high?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:27:48 pm »

That would be my guess.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

Pretty easy to check, print one with the correct paper thickness. I don't know what's going on, but unless that's an extremely tiny piece of the image I can't imagine ink spray extending that far. Normally with a setting too high all you might see is a very slight softening of the overall image.

kjkahn

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

Thanks Wayne,

I only had one sheet of that paper (Platine). I'll try it on Canson Baryta with which I've had generally good results. This is the scan (downsized) of the Platine print. Most of it is clean.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up