Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Borderless double-sided printing: ink marks on reverse side of paper  (Read 1404 times)

epines

• ethan pines photography

Desperately seeking help. On my Epson 7890, I'm trying to print my portfolio, double sided, with many borderless images. I'm printing on 13x19 Moab Entrada Bright 190.

The problem I'm having is, I'm getting ink marks on the reverse side of the paper (which ultimately will be printed on). They're regular marks, about /18" apart, along the long dimension of the paper, most prominently along the right side (as you're facing the printer), where the print head is. It's pretty clear to me that the borderless printing is resulting in some ink overspill, and when the print head passes over the area of overspill, that momentary pressure presses the paper against that area, leaving a mark on the underside.

Has anyone encountered and solved this? My whole portfolio is planned and built around printing 13x19. I can't simply trim off the marked area. The final trim size will be 13x18, so I need to keep the 13" dimension intact.

thank you

ethan

elliot_n

Could you print on bigger paper?

epines

• ethan pines photography

Potentially. That's a solution I'm considering. It's harder to print double-sided when trimming down the paper, since the two sides have to align perfectly. And a box of 17x22 paper is about twice the cost of 13x19.

Thanks for the input. That might be the ultimate solution.

Rand47

Desperately seeking help. On my Epson 7890, I'm trying to print my portfolio, double sided, with many borderless images. I'm printing on 13x19 Moab Entrada Bright 190.

The problem I'm having is, I'm getting ink marks on the reverse side of the paper (which ultimately will be printed on). They're regular marks, about /18" apart, along the long dimension of the paper, most prominently along the right side (as you're facing the printer), where the print head is. It's pretty clear to me that the borderless printing is resulting in some ink overspill, and when the print head passes over the area of overspill, that momentary pressure presses the paper against that area, leaving a mark on the underside.

Has anyone encountered and solved this? My whole portfolio is planned and built around printing 13x19. I can't simply trim off the marked area. The final trim size will be 13x18, so I need to keep the 13" dimension intact.

thank you

ethan

Check out the printer manual on "cleaning the rollers."  It might not work, but then again....

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up